Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai was established in the state of Chhattisgarh by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development in the year 2016. IIT Bhilai is presently housed in its transit campus at Government Engineering College (GEC) Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of ‘Junior Research Fellow (JRF)’ in a DBT funded research project
Title of Project
Glucose-responsive DNA capsule for insulin delivery
No. of Posts
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Essential qualifications: MSc (Chemistry/Biochemistry/Nanotechnology/Biotechnology) OR MTech/MS (Biotechnology/Nanotechnology/Biomedical Engineering/Materials Science and Engg.) from a recognized institute/university or statutory body OR equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10); For SC/ST category, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10).
- Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates NET/GATE/BET qualified candidates and having work experience relevant to the project.
- Candidates with expertise in the followings are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Organic and nanomaterials synthesis and characterizations.
- Expertise in analytical techniques such as NMR, IR, UV-Visible, fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Fluorescence microscope, AFM, TEM, SEM.
- Advanced molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Good communication skill and problem solving capability.
Rs. 31,000 + applicable HRA per month
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates must apply to the application form. Duly completed application form along with the candidate’s detailed CV must be emailed to the PI, Dr. Suchetan Pal at suchetanp[at]iitbhilai.ac.in by Monday, 20th April 2020.
- The subject of the email should read Application for Project Assistant – Applicant’s Name. Applications without an application form will not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay. The positions are available immediately.
Dr. Suchetan Pal, Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry, IIT Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492015