National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH) invites applications from qualified and experienced deaf and hard of hearing candidates to work in the position of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Teacher.
Educational qualifications alone will not suffice, as this position is for serving the special needs population. Commitment and a desire to make a difference in the lives of the special population will be needed to be successful in the below position.
The National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH) is an institute devoted to the education and rehabilitation of individuals with speech-language and hearing impairments located in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city in the Indian state of Kerala.
No. of Posts
- Deaf and hard of hearing candidates with a degree in any subject
- ‘C’ level certificate issued by RCI in Indian Sign Language or equivalent.
- Valid RCI registration.
- Those having experience in teaching Indian Sign Language will be given preference.
45 years as on 1st January 2021.
- If called for an interview at NISH, bring self-attested copies of certificates along with originals. In case of online interviews, email self-attested scanned images at the time of interview.
- Mobile Phone number and valid Email ID are necessary. All communication will be through SMS and Email. No communication via postal mail.
- Soliciting recommendations and trying to influence the interview panel will be considered a disqualification.
- Candidates shortlisted will be called for the interview in batches depending on the number of applications. Applicants need NOT call the NISH office for any follow-up. All communication will be via email or SMS. In view of the pandemic situation, interview may be conducted online.
- NISH have not entrusted any external agency or websites for collecting applications. Candidates need to send it to us directly.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should apply via email to email@example.com attaching detailed bio-data and a passport size photograph, indicating email ID and mobile phone number and with the name of the position as the email subject line.
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Indian Sign Language (ISL) Teacher” on or before 16th July 2021, 5 PM.
July 16, 2021