Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi) is an autonomous engineering and technology university located in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares these eight IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
IIT Mandi is inviting application for the post of Field Officer for FarmerZone project.
No. of Posts
Field officer (Project Assistant) – 4 Nos. (To be hired by IIT Mandi, Two candidates to work in Punjab and Two in Uttar Pradesh)
FarmerZone is DBT (Department of Biotechnology) funded project aimed at developing a cloud platform that offers advisories to farmers for crop management across different stages of farming. FarmerZone would be providing key analytics to cater to farmer needs, e.g. dealing with climate change, weather predictions, pest control, soil, water and seed requirements, market intelligence, etc.FarmerZone would be a single platform for collecting, curating and analyzing data and distributing it through need-based advisories.
- Bachelor’s degree in any area with preferable Agriculture/Science as one of the subjects. Candidates possessing higher than the minimum required qualification are also encouraged to apply.
- Candidate should own two-wheeler with valid driving license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the community aspect
- A good team player with a go-getter attitude and solution-oriented outlook
- Knowledge of local language like Punjabi and Hindi required
The initial appointment will be for a period of one year and can be extended until the end of the project subject to the performance of the candidate and availability of the funding.
Candidates have to work on the following aspects:
- Primary survey and registration of potato Farmers in locations assigned Primary and secondary Research, integration with Potato farmers
- Delivery of advisories using Apps and other modes.
- Soil collection, data collection and report preparation.
- Requires extensive travel and stay in field area.
- Any other FZ relevant tasks as assigned by the reporting officer
Consolidated INR 7,000 to 16,000 per month based on relevant experience
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should email their latest CV on operations[at]farmerzone.in by 29th September 2019 with email subject line ‘Application for FarmerZone-Field Officer (Project Assistant)’.
Sep 29, 2019