IDBI Bank is looking to hire eligible candidate for the post of Head-Information Technology for its office in Mumbai.
About IDBI Bank
Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI Bank Limited or IDBI Bank or IDBI) was established in 1964 by an act to provide credit and other financial facilities for the development of the fledgling Indian industry.
It is a development finance institution and a subsidiary of Life Insurance Corporation. Many national institutes find their roots in IDBI like SIDBI, India Exim Bank, National Stock Exchange of India, and National Securities Depository Limited.
About the opportunity
The incumbent should have sound knowledge of the development, implementation, and management of IT-related projects with appropriate managerial skills. Firsthand knowledge in supervising the development of software solutions. Exposure to Core Banking Solutions, Mobile Digital banking, networking, server administration.
Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance, and support teams. Strong understanding of Banking products, In-depth understanding of business processes/banking operations; banking products Mobility, Cards and Payments, control objectives, and fundamentals of Digital Banking. Excellent analytical skills, excellent communication & decision-making skills.
Number of Post
Duration of the Post
3 years (extendable upto 5 years)
- Responsible for the entire IT operations and IT infrastructure of the Bank
- Direct the design, development, and implementation of the Bank’s IT Strategy and Core Banking Solution.
- Responsible for digitizing the entire gamut of banking operations and ensuring a reduction in the cost of operations by leveraging the digital shift.
- Direct and oversee all IT/Business Solutions-related projects to ensure that they are delivered and deployed cost-effectively.
- Developing long term plans to sustain and support the business, anticipating the future Trends Optimizing and managing the technology network in a manner that delivers high efficiency with sufficient resilience and yet managing costs effectively
- Identifying needs and ensuring ideal software solutions are developed in a timely manner to help increase operational efficiency and also leading-edge products
- Develop and maintain an overall framework of IT policies, standards, and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to the strategy and budgets
- As part of the business continuity plan, ensure that there is no failure in business operations and appropriate DR plans are in place and regularly tested for readiness for unforeseen and unexpected events which can impact the business continuity.
- Oversee and maintain a secured IT platform for the entire banking operations ensuring appropriate IT Controls are implemented and maintained.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Identify security threats, formulate strategies and methods to mitigate the threats
- To design and implement a clear vision and strategy for Bank to enhance Digital Banking offering to all segments of the bank’s customers and maintaining a competitive advantage over peers on digital banking and leveraging the Digital Ecosystem
- To oversee all Digital Banking processes and serve as the focal point for all Digital Banking issues and concerns and if required seek independent advice from the third-party Consultants/experts in Banking, Legal, IT, IT Security, etc.
Consolidated remuneration of Rs.80-100 Lakh per annum (CTC) subject to deduction of taxes as applicable and review of performance on annual basis. CTC comprises of all the emoluments/allowances/benefits/perquisites, etc. paid as one time/ monthly/ periodically/ annually except as mentioned in the terms and conditions separately.
- Age: Min – 45 years, Max – 55 years
- Education: Full-time Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering disciplines namely Electronics & Telecommunications/Computer Science/Electronics & Electrical/Information Technology/Electronics & Communication or Master’s in Computer Application from a
University/ Institute recognized by the Government of India or its regulatory bodies.
- Overall work experience of 20 years in the field of Information Technology Of which at least 10 years at a senior level preferably in an IT unit of a bank / financial institution.
- Experience should post minimum educational qualification. (Training & Teaching experience will not be counted for eligibility)
- Preliminary screening and shortlisting based on the eligibility criteria, candidate’s qualifications, suitability/ experience, etc. submitted with the applications.
- The candidature, after preliminary screening and without verification of documents, will be provisional and will be subject to verification of all details/ documents with the originals when a candidate reports for PI (if called).
- Selection will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in PI. Bank may change the mode of selection depending upon the number of suitable candidates
- The final selection of the candidate is subject to qualification in PI, being sufficiently high in the merit list, being declared medically fit as per the Bank’s standards of fitness, and fulfilling the stipulated eligibility criteria as on the cut-off date.
- Cut-off date: March 31, 2021.
- Before submitting the application form, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. as stated in this advertisement. If the candidates are not eligible, their candidature will be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment. If the candidate qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he or she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria,his or her candidature will be cancelled and if appointed, services would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
- Only Candidates willing to serve anywhere in India, should apply.
- Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate. In case of multiple applications only the last (complete) application will be retained. Multiple attendance/ appearances at the time of PI will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to send their application to email@example.com mentioning the Name of the Post in the subject line.
- Intimation will be sent to the candidate’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the application form. If candidates do not receive the email / SMS intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their application has not been successfully registered
June 16, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Head-Information Technology at IDBI Bank, Mumbai
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: