Visva-Bharati University is a public central university and an Institution of National Importance located in Santiniketan, West Bengal, India. It was founded by Rabindranath Tagore who called it Visva-Bharati, which means the communion of the world with India. Until independence, it was a college.
Applications are invited for the post of Guest Faculty in Japanese at Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan.
No. of Posts
55% in MA and NET or PhD in Japanese as per UGC rules.
- The candidates with experience of attending Teacher’s Training Programme, conducted by the Japan Foundation under the MEA and Embassy of Japan in India, will be preferred.
- Knowledge in Japanese Linguistics/Literature/Culture would be an added advantage.
Rs. 1500/- per lecture, subject to a maximum of Rs. 50, 000/- per month.
Period of Appointment
For a period of 1 year (excluding long vacations) or till the post is filled up, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply?
- Interested and eligible candidates are hereby invited to submit the application in plain paper along with all relevant credentials and testimonials including CV for selection at the Department of Japanese, Bhasha-Bhavana, Visva-Bharati.
- The application should be addressed to the Head of the Department of Japanese, Bhasha-Bhavana, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan-731235.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Date, time and venue of interview will be intimated separately.
April 10, 2020