The Central University of Tamil Nadu was established by an Act of Parliament. The University was inaugurated on 30 September 2009 by the then Union Minister Kapil Sibal who laid the foundation stone. As of 2019, the University has 28 approved departments offering 75 programmes, apart from various programmes offered under the Community College of the University. Students from almost all states are studying in CUTN and well-qualified faculty members are also drawn from all over the country.
The Central University of Tamil Nadu invites candidates for walk-in interview for the guest faculty positions for the even semester of the academic year 2019-2020.
No. of Posts
- A Masters degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by UGC or who are or have been awarded a PhD degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/PhD degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be are exempted from NET.
- Further, the qualification for guest faculty shall be at par with the minimum qualification for Assistant Professors in Universities as per UGC Regulations, 2018.
Selected candidates shall be paid an Honorarium of Rs 1500/- per lecture subject to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month.
Duration of Post
The selected candidates shall be engaged on purely lecture basis for a period of one semester / six months. The services of Guest faculty will be terminated without notice if found unsatisfactory. Under any circumstances, the candidate cannot claim any right for a permanent position.
How to Attend?
Interested and eligible candidates are invited with all original certificate and a copy of CV (5 sets).Superannuated teachers may also be considered for engagement as Guest Faculty subject to a maximum age limit of 70 years.
- Date of interview: Dec 24, 2019 (Tuesday)
- Venue: Department of Mathematics, Central University of Tamil Nadu, Neelakudi, Thiruvarur
- Time: 9.30 AM (Reporting Time), 11.00 AM (Interview Time)