Panjab University is a prestigious public university located in Chandigarh, India. It originated in 1882 as the University of the Punjab, but was established in 1947 after the partition of India, where the university was split between Pakistan and India.
Walk-in-Interview for appointing 02(two) Guest Faculty to teach B.Sc. (Honors) and M.Sc. (Honors) Biophysics for the Even Semester starting for a period of Six (06) month/s (w.e.f. January to May) will be held on 16.01.2020 (Thursday) at 3.30 p.m. in the office of the Chairperson, Department of Biophysics, PU, Chandigarh.
No. of Posts
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/Physically & Visually Handicapped) or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s degree level from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University in the discipline of Biophysics and allied areas.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC and/or must fulfil the other UGC regulations for recruitment and appoint of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in the Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
Days of Teaching
Monday to Friday
Subject to be Taught
Classes to be Taught
B.Sc. (Honors) and M.Sc. (Honors)
9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- The above assignment will be on lecture basis with a token honorarium of Rs. 1000/- per lecture with an upper limit of Rs. 25,000/- per month.
- The candidate shall have to give an undertaking that he/she will not draw any fellowship/ stipend or any financial assistance from any agency till they are teaching in the Department of Biophysics as a Guest Faculty.
- The candidates who are already availing JRF scholarships in the University are not entitled for the honorarium but they will be issued experience certificate for the guest faculty.
How to Attend?
All the applicants are advised to bring their original documents and other relevant documents for verification along with the duly filled form giving the details at the time of interview.
Dr. Sarvnarinder Kaur
Department of Biophysics
Panjab University, Chandigarh