JOB POST: Fresh Graduates & Post Graduates as Programme Officers @ Centre for Science & Environment: Apply by Feb 18
CSE is looking for bright, young candidates who are passionate about sustainable mobility and are driven to bring change in ways in which society consumes resources and harms the environment in order to meet its everyday travel needs. Candidates are expected to have a knack for critical thinking and be organized about their work.
The selected candidates will be part of CSE’s team on “Clean Air and Sustainable Mobility Programme” that aims to improve air quality in cities through improvements in various contributing agents including transport systems, along with providing co-benefits linked to carbon savings, equity and safety.
Candidates with prior experience or demonstrable inclination towards working on sustainable mobility strategies will be given preference.
- Conduct studies related to various aspects of clean and low carbon mobility.
- Conduct in-depth studies on public transport systems/non-motorized transport/ integration of public transport systems.
- Prepare policy papers and briefs pertaining to emerging issues in sustainable mobility.
- Coordinate logistics of stakeholder meetings and other activities organized by the team.
- Write articles and blogs in CSE’s Down to Earth magazine on CSE’s sustainable mobility work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Urban Studies or Transportation.
- Experience (3 to 6 years) in non-profit / consulting / academia / public sector in the field of urban mobility.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter (maximum 1 page) explaining their motivation to work in sustainable mobility, backed up by demonstrable experience by way of work, internship or research. Those without any demonstrable experience in urban mobility will need to provide compelling reasons explaining their motivation to apply for this position. A copy of the updated CV (maximum 2 pages) should be attached with the cover letter.
Click here to apply online and select ‘Senior Research Associate – MOB’ / ‘Programme Officer – MOB’ / ‘Deputy Prog. Manager – MOB’ to apply for the above position/s
Application Deadline: February 18, 2019.
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
For further details on the same, click here.
About the Author