Applications are invited for the post of Front-end Engineer at Amazon, Bengaluru.
Amazon.com, is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. At Amazon, they hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of their customers.
About the Job
They are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science and years of Software Development experience·
- Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Good understanding of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, ECR, ECS, Lex etc.
- Excellent coding skills in an object oriented language such as Java and Scala.
- Great problem solving skills and propensity to learn and develop tech talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
- Experience with responsive and , as well as cross-browser and testing
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
- Track record delivering large customer features and front-end solutions in complex or ambiguous problem areas.
- Understands at a high level how front-end code and experiences are delivered to users (e.g., HTTPS, DNS, CDNs, app stores).
- Knowledge of tracking and analytics pixel implementation (Criteo, Rakuten, Adobe, GoogleAnalytics)
- Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
- Thinks in terms of architecture as well as code. Able to evaluate end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
- Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards
- Demonstrated UI implementation experience, and with a portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces
- Experience with streaming media and HTML5 multimedia features
- Familiarity with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebSockets and WebRTC
- Familiarity with React Native or equivalent technology
- Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and app development
- · Experience with deployments, DevOps, and/or AWS
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: