Assam University is a teaching-cum-affiliating Central University in Silchar, Assam, India. The university has sixteen schools which offer Humanities, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Information Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Law, Technology and Management Studies. There are 42 departments under these sixteen schools. The five districts under the jurisdiction of Assam University have 56 undergraduate colleges.
Applications are invited for an interview which will be held on 30th October, 2019 at 11A.M. in the department of Socialwork, Assam University, Silchar for the position of six District level Financial Management Specialist in each District to support the Swachh Bharat MissionGramin(SBM-G), Assam in managing the accounts related matter(s) at District Water & Sanitation Committee level.
The Mission Directorate, Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin(SBM-G), Assam was created under State Water and Sanitation Mission(SWSM), Assam. The Directorate is implementing the Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin(SBM-G), a flagship programme of Govt of India in Sanitation Sector. For smooth functioning of the Mission, The Mission Directorate intends to engage one District level Financial Management Specialist in each District to support the mission in managing the accounts related matter(s) at DWSC level. The recruitment will be done through a partnership with Assam university.
No. of Posts
Districts to be Covered
Cachar, Hailkandi, Karimganj, Dima Hasao, Karbianglong, West Karbianglong
Qualification and Experience
- Full time regular M.Com (Finance & accounts) from Assam University, Silchar with more than 60% or equivalent mark/grade.
- Freshers may also apply
- Computer knowledge in MS-Office and Tally ERP-9.0 is a must.
- Post qualification experience in financial management functions will be given preference.
- Strong understanding of Government Accounting, Budgeting& Audit systems.
- Familiarity with financial norms & reporting of Government schemes/missions etc.
- Timely handling of issues pertaining to financial management.
- Exceptional degree of integrity, judgment and tact in handling the most sensitive, diverse and confidential material.
- Strong communication skills in English, Hindi and Local Language
- Must be computer savvy with sound working knowledge of MS-Office/Tally/Internet etc
Terms of Payment
Consolidated remuneration will be Rs. 25,000/- and communication charge Rs.1000/-.
Period of Engagement
- The candidate selected for the assignment is expected to commence work within fifteen days after the announcement of result.
- The staff for this assignment will be selected based on contract / co-terminus with the support of Govt of Assam/Govt of India. However, the continuation will be subject to review.
- The assignment will initially for 11 months from the date of joining & will be renewed based in performance & availability of fund.
- Interested candidates should send their CV to joyasreewash[at]gmail.com/joyasreedey1[at]gmail.com on or before 28th October 2019.
- Candidates must appear before the interview board with original and self-attested photocopies of mark sheets, certificates from 10th standard onwards, testimonials and a copy of recent signed CV on the day of the interview.
Faculty Coordinator: Dr Joyashri Dey
Phone No: +91-9435311341