Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Finance Analyst at Unilever, Bengaluru.
Unilever PLC is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in London, England. Unilever products include food, condiments, ice cream, wellbeing vitamins, minerals and supplements, tea, coffee, breakfast cereal, cleaning agents, water and air purifiers, pet food, toothpaste, beauty products, and personal care.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Strategy & Transformation and UPPM leadership team with accurate management of the team budget and all related financial tasks.
The candidate will act as a finance lead to analyse the team’s monthly budget and forecast(s). A key part of the role is to support the UPPM team with the management of all Purchase Orders and Invoicing Processes for Consultants resourced through 3rd party suppliers. This role unlocks value through data analysis highlighting potential strategic and operational interventions.
This Global role covers the full range of Finance “Business as Usual” (BAU) with a focus on demand supply management. The nature of the role gives the opportunity to engage and collaborate with Finance Business Partners (FBP), and other Stakeholders globally.
Additionally, the role covers PM excellence areas where support is required; for instance, participating in consultant documentation/reporting, automation, ensuring accuracy in consultant’s records and help with other PM Community and Training areas.
- Engage with SAT Global Head, UPPM Director and FBP to prepare and submit the annual budget forecast, revising quarterly as appropriate
- Own a strategic and detailed understanding of the team budget, vacancies and other factors; propose ideas to manage it within the target
- Ensure integrity in all UPPM financial and Consultant data, with a special focus on invoices and goods received
- Understand full Consultant demand cycle including the current status and business goals
- Be the subject matter expert for the SAT team for the cross-charge process including service agreements, managing the TiTo tool and all internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with Suppliers & other stakeholders to build new processes as needed
- Manage vendors, including training Unilever stakeholders on vendor extension, onboarding processes and SOW policies
- Cultivate relationship with Procurement and FBP team
- Utilize multiple Unilever financial tools like Coupa, TiTo (transfer in/transfer out too), DCIW and Velocity, among others, to deliver the day to day business and special tasks
- Financial Management:
- Track yearly T&E Budget and communicate spend analysis & actuals to the team
- Track UPPM owned software licenses and advise on ways to manage within the constraints; cross charge for licenses to Innovation, Transformation and any other teams
- Track monthly actuals, engage with FBP to discuss and resolve any anomalies; provide visibility of the YTD position to SAT Leadership
- Track the cost movement in the team budget and ensure compliance with the process of Local and Intercompany Cross charges
- Purchase Order & Goods Received processing:
- Raise and manage all Purchase Orders for consultants sourced via UPPM, ensuring compliance with all guidelines outlined by Procurement and Finance
- Invoice and Goods Receipt management on monthly basis; book costs for all POs raised
- Reconciliation of invoices & goods received based on time tracking data received from supplier
- Complete adhoc reporting requests related to 3rd party/Consultant costs, highlighting key insights gained from analysing the data
- Prepare Monthly Service metrics report for UniOps view
- Prepare Monthly analytics and savings file for UPPM consultants, showing key insights like cost savings and growth
- Prepare Quarterly Finance, Consultant and Project Management Deck for SAT leadership team
- Support UPPM Innovation Training Team by automating and managing processes
- Support and provide finance context to PM Community
- Build Innovative solutions and automation to achieve maximum efficiency
The role will interface with the following stakeholders:
- Global FBP for Cost Centres and Cross charging process
- SAT FBP for Budget and Forecast submissions
- Global Head of Strategy & Transformation
- UPPM Director
- UPPM Managers
- Global Business Stakeholders where UPPM supports the Projects and Programs
- PM Excellence Lead
- UniOps Finance Controllers
- P2P Team for invoice processing
- Yearly Finance Audit team
Key Finance Skills & Tools
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of 3rd party cost management
- Understanding of UL legal entities, intercompany cross charges and reclassification
- In-depth finance and accounting knowledge
- Understanding of UL policies and procurement
- Vendor Management
- Finance Project Management
- Coupa (Purchase Ordering Tool) – Primary tool to raise PO and manage goods received on daily basis. Strong Understanding of PO Cost Centre, account change, edit, withdraw, cancel and close PO process
- TiTo (Transfer In Transfer Out) Tool – To manage local and intercompany cross charges on monthly and quarterly basis
- CAF – Invoice Management Tool only for India
- DCIW – Invoice Management Tool – Primary tool to view and process all the invoices for the PO raised by individuals
- Velocity (Vendor Onboarding & Extension) – this tool utilized to extend the Supplier company code to UL entities and also onboard new suppliers to UL
Standards of leadership applicable for this role are:
- Personal Mastery
- Business Acumen
- Passion for High Performance
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.