IIM Visakhapatnam (the Institute, IIMV) invites applications for faculty positions from candidates belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PwD categories only.
About IIM Visakhapatnam
The Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is one of the twenty Indian Institutes of Management.
About the Job
Current and future vacancies are at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor, in regular capacity.
- Decision Sciences
- Information Systems
- Organization Behaviour & Human Resources
- Public Policy
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Production & Operations Mgmt.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Professor, Associate Professor & Assistant Professor
- PhD degree or equivalent, with at least 55% of marks or equivalent CGPA in the preceding degree in the appropriate discipline, with a very good academic record throughout.
- Successful track record of teaching; training; research; and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals.
Note: In case of CGPA, the percentage conversions issued by the respective degree or diploma-awarding universities, or institutions would be the basis to determine first class.
Minimum Experience for Professor
Minimum post-qualification experience of ten years in teaching/industry/research, of which, at least four years of experience at the level of Associate Professor in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Minimum Experience for Associate Professor
Minimum post-qualification experience of six years in teaching, industry and/or research, of which, at least three years of experience at the level of Assistant Professor in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Minimum Experience for Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
Minimum post-qualification experience of three years in teaching, industry and/or research in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Desirable Experience for Assistant Professor (Grade-II)
Up to three years of post-qualification experience in teaching, industry and/or research in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Scales of Pay
Professor: Pay Level 14 of Seventh Central Pay Commission (7th CPC)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,44,200/- + Allowances
Associate Professor: Pay Level 13A2 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,39,600/- + Allowances
Assistant Professor Grade – I: Pay Level 12 or 13A1 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,01,500/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 12)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,31,400/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 13A1)
Assistant Professor Grade – II: Pay Level 10 or 11 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.70900/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 10)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.71000/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 11)
A higher start can be considered in deserving cases.
- A set of Committees constituted by the Institute will carry out the screening and selection processes.
- The process would normally involve (i) short-listing of candidates based on suitability as ascertained from the applications; (ii) seminar-presentation by the short-listed candidates; and (iii) interview for the further short-listed candidates (i.e., for only those who qualify in the seminar round). It is reiterated that only those candidates who qualify in the seminar will be taken forward to the interview round.
- Candidates may be considered for a post lower than that applied for, if they are otherwise found suitable.
- If the pandemic situation improves and interviews are held with physical presence, reimbursement of return economy airfare by the shortest route (domestic sector only) and accommodation (free of cost) will be provided to the candidates who attend the faculty seminar. Else, interviews would be held online (in virtual mode).
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only.
- Certificate issued by the Competent Authority clearly showing the category (OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PwD) to which the applicant belongs MUST be attached with the application. In case of OBC, the certificate should mention clearly that the candidate does not belong to Creamy Layer.
- The Certificate should be current and valid as on the closing date for receipt of applications. Without such proof, the application will not be considered as part of the Special Recruitment Drive. Except the Category Certificate, no copy of any other certificate/supporting documentation need be attached/submitted along with the application. Such proof would be sought later, ONLY from short-listed applicants.
- Scanned, copies of the completely filled-in and signed (self-attested) application form (in Word and PDF format), along with Category Certificate (only) should be sent through e-mail on email@example.com by 14-Apr-2022, 1700 Hrs.
Important: Hard copy of the application, as submitted by mail, with all pages along with additional sheets / annexures (forming part of the application) and the Category Certificate duly signed (self-attested), should be sent by Speed Post/Courier to the address given below, ensuring it reaches the Institute by 21-Apr-2022, 1700 Hrs. It is reiterated that no other certificates/supporting documentation need be attached with the application at this stage, except the Category Certificate.
THE SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT VISAKHAPATNAM
ANDHRA UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
VISAKHAPATNAM – 530 003
ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA
The envelope cover containing the hard copy of the application form should be labelled as: “Employment Notification No.: 01/SRD/F/2022 Dated MAR 23, 2022”.
April 14, 2022
Note: This is a sponsored post.