JOB POST: Faculty Recruitment at IIT-BHU, Varanasi: Apply by Oct 15
IIT (BHU) Varanasi invites applications from well qualified and meritorious Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor in its various Science & Engineering Departments and Interdisciplinary Schools. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals can also apply for faculty positions for contractual appointments up to five years, which can be renewed further.
Departments: Architecture, Planning & Design, Ceramic Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences and Physics.
Schools: Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Materials Science & Technology.
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum Qualification for all faculty position is PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout. Additional required details on experience etc. are mentioned below:
- Professor:A minimum 10 years of Teaching/Industry/Research experience from the date of award of PhD (excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD), of which at least four years’ at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of guidance of MTech & PhD students, strong records of publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals of good impact factor, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities
- Associate Professor: A minimum six years of Teaching/Industry/Research experience from the date of award of PhD (excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD), of which at least three years’ as Assistant Professor Grade-I in Pay Level 12 or Assistant Professor (Regular) with AGP of Rs. 8000/- (pre-revised) or Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer in a reputed organisation as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of MTech and PhD students, strong record of publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals of good impact factor, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- Assistant Professor: Three years teaching/research/industrial experience from the date of award of PhD (excluding the experience gained while pursuing PhD or any other lower degrees) as on the date of application. The experience should be in a reputed organisation.
The period of probation in regular appointment will be one year.
- Professor: Rs. 1,59,100/-
- Associate Professor: Rs. 1,39,600
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 1,01,500/-
The pay carries all other allowances as admissible to a Central Government employee stationed at Varanasi. The fringe benefits, such as HRA, LTC, medical reimbursement, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), reimbursement of telephone bills, book grants, research initiation grant (up to Rs. 10 lakhs), financial support towards national and international conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms. Relocation charges towards transportation of personal effects are also provided as per the Institute norms.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply for the post through this link.
- All correspondence should be addressed to the Office of the Faculty Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi-221005, India. E-mail: facultyrecruitment[at]iitbhu.ac.in. For any clarification, candidates may contact the Office of the Faculty Affairs on the above address.
Oct 15, 2019
For further details, click here.
About the Author