Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Executive Director at National Centre For Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore for its IndiaBioscience Program on a contract basis.
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) in Bangalore, Karnataka, is a research center specializing in biological research. It is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) under the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India.
The mandate of NCBS is basic and interdisciplinary research in the frontier areas of biology. The research interests of the faculty are in four broad areas ranging from the study of single molecules to systems biology.
About the Program
IndiaBioscience is a program based out of the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore that aims to catalyse the growth of biology within India, and to this end, we work with academics, government, industry and the not-for-profit sector.
The major funding of the program is from the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. As part of the DBT funded program, IndiaBioscienceis looking to appoint eligible personnel to the position advertised on contractual terms.
Duration of the Post
The appointment will be initially for a period of one (1) year that may be extended up to three (3) years depending on the performance of the selected candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Executive Director (ED), while reporting to the Advisory Board of IndiaBioscience, will work independently and will be responsible for the successful leadership, growth and management of the IndiaBioscience program according to the mandates and the strategic direction set by the Advisory Board.
- Responsible for the growth and overall management of the program and the team.
- Handling all the external liaisons and partnerships.
- Financial management and fundraising.
- Preparation of reports summarising key progress and issues on all programs, including preparation of background documents and presentations to the board as well as external partners.
- Ensuring team meetings have structure and clear purposes and goals
- Communicate decisions and action items to team members and relevant parties outside the team.
- Monitor team dynamics regularly to ensure optimal team performance.
- Communicate the details of monthly functioning to the Advisory Board of IndiaBioscience.
- Educational Qualification: Ph.D. degree in life science/full-time ME/M. Tech with a minimum of 12 years of experience post qualification with strong motivation and interest to dedicate full time in promoting science as described above.
- Experience: Prior experiences in management, as well as administration in the field of science or public engagement with a strong network across the country and an understanding of the academic research ecosystem in India, will be given preference. Candidates with a Ph.D. will be preferred.
- Age: Maximum 50 years. (Age relaxation as per rules).
- Salary: Remuneration will be as per slab equivalent to Level 13 of 7CPC
How to Apply?
- CV highlighting relevant work experience and cover letter [combine and upload in one PDF file]
- Make sure to include a vision document along with a strong statement of how your interests align with theirs and why you will fit this position (~500 words) [upload under experience tab in PDF file].
- Interested candidates should register online through the link mentioned below using a valid email ID.
- You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application.
- After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
- All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, experience Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
- Applicants who are NOT ABLE TO APPLY ONLINE are requested to email their applications at applications[at]indiabioscience.org using ‘Executive Director Application’ as the subject.
June 15, 2021
Click here to apply for the post of Executive Director at National Centre For Biological Sciences(NCBS), Bangalore
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: