World Health Organization(WHO) is seeking to hire an experienced candidate for the role of Executive Assistant to work at its office in New Delhi.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide. The WHO’s broad mandate includes advocating for universal healthcare, monitoring public health risks, coordinating responses to health emergencies, and promoting human health and well-being.
WHO is seeking the services of an experienced candidate for the role of Executive Assistant. The incumbent should possess skills like a thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices, keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.
Ability to draft standard correspondence, ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required, Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training, and/or self-training.
Annual net base salary starting at INR 784,918 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Duration of the Post
Under the direct supervision of the Information and Communications Technology Manager and broad guidance of the Director Administration and Finance, the incumbent provides support in the following areas:
- Act as leave administrator for the ICT Unit to monitor leave records, remind staff members to confirm leaves, enter absences on behalf of staff members who are unable to enter their leaves, verify that all leaves are confirmed at the end of year, raise cases of irregularities with the supervisor and liaise with GSC, as required, for resolution of the same.
- Coordinate logistical and travel arrangements including obtaining administrative approvals and issuance of Travel Request (TRs) for ICT Unit staff and official visitors.
- Assist in management and preparation of maintenance contracts for IT services and equipment, Agreements for Performance of Work for various projects; carry-out receipts in GSM against POs, process contractual payments and follow-up on pending payments with GSC, required tax exemption certificates etc.
- Maintain computerized calendar of main appointments and events in ICT Unit and respond to routine requests for information from internal units and external entities.
- Assist unit team leads to collect the data on the progress and achievements of their respective activities and enter technical progress of ICT activities in GSM on regular basis in order to have up-to-date information on the progress status of ICT activities.
- To check all obligating documents, entering relevant information available from GSM or other on-line systems, ensuring the availability of funds, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed or as delegated.
- To screen and review various contractual materials, issuing PTAEO numbers, verifying and clearing payment requests.
- To keep track of all contract extensions and renewals, checking and ensuring that funds are available for the proposed contract.
- To follow-up on programme implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff to problems, inconsistencies and delays.
- To draft correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; to finalize correspondence/reports for signature; to analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information when required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned.
- To perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned.
- Educational Qualification:
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School education.
- Desirable: Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
- Essential: At least five (5) years’ experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work
- Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the post through this link.
- The vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Click here to view the list. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For more details visit the official link given below
June 24, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Executive Assistant at the World Health Organization(WHO), New Delhi
More such opportunities that u might be interested in: