Katha is a “profit-for-all” voluntary organization that seamlessly connects grassroots work in education and urban resurgence to bring children into reading and quality education. For the past three decades, the organization has been empowering children to become agents of change in their communities, through quality education, teacher training, and world-class book publishing.
Undergraduate/graduate students, preferably from English Literature or similar courses, are welcome to apply.
- Creating a stronger connection with youth
- Blogs for youth, book review
- Creating social awareness about Katha books for sale
- Achieving plenty of reviews for our books – both children and young adult from friends, etc
- Increasing publicity of Katha books amongst students, teachers, parents, and librarians
- Creating content for online marketing and social media platforms
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Candidate must be well-versed with English and have a good knowledge of Hindi.
- Prior experience in publishing or other similar fields will be an added advantage.
- Procurement of copyrights for visuals and text from various publishing houses, art galleries, authors, illustrators, painters, so on and so forth
- Touch base with reviewers and get Katha’s books reviewed on regular basis; follow up for published review’s links and get it posted on social media
- Children’s Books segregation based on age/grade levels for a new catalogue and books website
- Research for sources of images, and texts and get connected
- Creating exclusive, unplagiarized, error-free and insightful content- in the form of interviews, blogs, essays, short stories, etc
- The write-ups should be interactive, authentic, and reliable.
- Volunteers need to keep in mind that stories are an integral part of Katha’s programs.
- Required to maintain a calendar of publishing awards, book launch events, storytelling workshops, and related events; brainstorm on ideas of how we can be a part or promote our children’s books through these kind of events
- Update database of recent contributors like authors, illustrators, and translators
- Contribute to our 300M mission.
- Learn soft skills like time management, content writing, editing, etc.
- Build on your existing knowledge and experience.
- Receive a Certificate of Appreciation for your work.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can write to ayushree.nandan[at]katha.org with a copy of your CV.