About the organisation
The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, working under Department of Health and Family Welfare, is the Central Drug Authority for discharging functions assigned to the Central Government under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act.
It exercises a regulatory control over the import of drugs, approval of new drugs and clinical trials, meetings of Drugs Consultative Committee (DCC) and Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB).
The Drugs Inspectors are required to:
- Inspect the manufacturing sites licensed by the Central Licensing Authority or State Licensing Authority.
- Confirm that the conditions of license are being observed or complied.
- Draw the samples of medical devices manufactured or imported for sale, or stocked or exhibited for sale and send them for test or evaluation.
- Maintain a record of all inspections undertaken, drawing of samples, review of technical dossiers, launch of prosecution, seizure of stocks, investigate of complaints.
- Age: Maximum 30 years of age as on the closing date.
- Educational Qualification: The participants must fulfill any of the given criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Technology/Engineering (Bio-medical/ Chemical/ Bio-technology/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Polymer Engineering)
- Bachelors’ degree in Technology/Engineering (Bio-medical/ Chemical/ Bio-technology/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Polymer Engineering) with 2 years’ experience in manufacturing/ testing/ regulation of medical devices or in research or designing.
There are a total of 17 vacancies.
- Unreserved: 10
- OBC: 4
- SC: 2
- ST: 1
The salary will be paid according to Pay Matrix Level-8.
How to apply
Applications can be made online through the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) on the official website.
The last date to apply for the post is 13 September 2018.
For further information about the job post, visit the official website and view the official advertisement.