Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Distributed Systems Engineer at Salesforce, Bangalore.
Salesforce.com, Inc. is an American cloud-based software company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It provides customer relationship management service and also provides a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development.
About the Job
- A demonstrated history of executing successfully on multiple cross-functional infrastructure features and services.
- Experience working on and partnering with infrastructure customer facing teams, with the ability to understand customer needs and drive consensus.
- A demonstrated history of mentoring and coaching senior engineers in the team, being able to lead design and coding work, and act as the tech lead on the team.
- Experience contributing to one or more reputed, high quality open source products. This position will entail designing, developing, testing and delivering new contributions and enhancements to various open source products we use. As a part of this effort, you will be working closely with the Spinnaker, Kubernetes and various cloud native communities to contribute your changes back.
- Knowledge of and experience with various deployment strategies like blue-green, canary and more with the ability to clearly explain pros and cons, as well recommend the right approach.
- Design and implement major features and enhancements to various SFCD components.
- Contribute changes to Spinnaker and other open source projects in collaboration with the community.
- Mentor senior engineers and technical leads to make sound technical decisions and help build effective engineering practices.
- Build POCs and pilots where appropriate and turn them into high quality production ready code, delivering value with speed and in increments.
- Write high quality, maintainable code.
- Participate and contribute to architecture, code, security and operational reviews.
- Efficiently troubleshoot production and/ or customer issues.
- Service ownership and customer support.
- Expert-level skills in Java, with working knowledge of Golang and/or Python.
- Familiarity with cloud deployment technologies like Spinnaker, Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with building secure, highly available services in the public cloud.
- Significant experience and expertise in Kubernetes.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep understanding of Spinnaker.
- A track record of open source contributions.
- Proven ability in deciding solution architectures, identifying potential risks, taking proactive measures to ensure code quality and ability to lead and present design/architecture reviews.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Click here for the official notification for the post of Distributed Systems Engineer at Salesforce, Bangalore.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- JOB POST: Software Engineer at Societe Generale, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Software Engineer at PayPal, Chennai: Apply Now!