Applications are invited for the post of Director (School of Information Technology) at Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology, is a public state technical university located beside National Highway at Haringhata, Nadia, West Bengal, India.
Role as a Director
- To promote excellence and leadership in teaching, research and development in the field of Information Technology.
- To facilitate deeper interaction between the University and industry.
- An eminent scholar with consistently good academic record and a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science & Engineering/Information Technology/Allied Areas with adequate evidence of knowledge
- Having research experience with a number of high-quality research publications in reputed journal and/or publication of books and administrative experiences
- The applicant should have an established record of teaching/research or industry experience, an exceptional record of publishing research articles in high quality journals
- Guidance of Ph.D. students and demonstrated ability to attract significant research funding as well as having an ability to lead teams in multidisciplinary projects / areas.
- The incumbent is also expected to serve as mentor to junior faculty members and to the students.
- Expertise Artificial Intelligence/Data Science/Information Security/Internet of Things and other latest cutting-edge technologies.
- At least ten years of academic experiences is required.
- Age & Other Criteria is as per state relevant govt. rule.
The post carries a pay of Rs. 1,44,200/- at Academic Level – 14 [Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200]
Terms and Conditions
- Application forms submitted by the applicants must be properly filled in all respect and all the entries therein must be substantiated by supporting documents without which such applications would be treated as invalid. It is to be noted that applications without application fee would be rejected.
- Already employed applicants should apply through proper channel.
- The University may verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time including at the time of appointment or during the tenure of his/her service and in case it is detected during the time of recruitment process and also at any point of time after the appointment that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake or the candidate has deliberately misled by submission
of fake/ forged documents, his candidature/ service will be forthwith cancelled/ terminated without assigning any reason.
- Incumbents to be appointed on final selection to this post are liable to be deputed amongst different locations of the University.
- Incomplete application will not be entertained.
- University Authority will not be responsible for any postal delay in case receipt of application by the University or receipt of Interview call letter by the applicant.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
- Only the selected candidate in respect of the aforesaid post will be intimated accordingly. Canvassing in any form will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
- The University reserves the right not to fill up the post advertised without assigning any reasons.
- In case of any dispute the decision of the University will be final.
- The High Court at Kolkata only will have the legal jurisdiction in this matter.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Six copies of applications (print outs after online submission) must be submitted together with recent passport size photographs, addressed to: The Registrar, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, BF-142, Sector-I, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700064
- Envelope must be properly superscribed with the post applied for as “Application for the post of Director – School of IT”
- Application fee of Rs. 1000/- has to be paid online while filling up the online application form
- One set of self – attested photocopies of all relevant documents must be submitted along with the application.
July 3, 2021