Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Design Engineer at Hitachi, Chennai.
Hitachi, Ltd. is a Japanese multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It is the parent company of the Hitachi Group and had formed part of the Nissan zaibatsu and later DKB Group and Fuyo Group of companies before DKB and Fuji Bank merged into the Mizuho Financial Group.
- Preparing GIS Substation layouts, sections and detailed erection drawings preparation for tenders or projects based on customer specification.
- Prepare bill of material for tenders or projects based on requirement.
- Earthing system design, drawings and bill of Materials.
- Lightning system design, drawings and BoM.
- Lighting system design and BoM.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment.
- Provide optimized designs on time with standard quality for AIS, GIS, Hybrid and special purpose substations.
- Adherence to quality system and contribution to its improvement.
- Vendor evaluation by visiting to their facilities.
- FAT / SAT of primary equipment, system as and when needed.
- Conductor sizing and loading calculations.
- CT VT Sizing, Cable sizing wherever required.
- Responsible for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings.
- As-built drawings preparation etc.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 – 7 years of experience with substation engineering & design.
- Proficiency in required CAD design tools (Microstation / AutoCAD with 3D competence preferred).
- Experience in relevant International standards e.g. IEEE, IEC etc.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- JOB POST: Graduate Engineer Trainee at NPCI [Multiple Location]: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Software Development Engineer I at Discovery, Pune: Apply Now!