Applications are invited for the post of Dean of Students’ Welfare at University of Kalyani.
The University of Kalyani, established in 1960, is a state-government administered, affiliating and research university in Kalyani, West Bengal, India. It offers courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Uniformly good academic record with a Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the point scale wherever a grading system is followed.
- At least 15 years’ of experience as Sr. Lecturer/ Reader/ Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs.7,000/- (Prerevised) and above or with 8 years of service in the AGP of Rs.8,000/- (Pre-revised) and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration in Academic Institutions like University, or in an Institute of Higher Learning of which 5 (five) years must be in a University or in an Institute of Post Graduate Study. OR Comparable experience in research establishments and other Institutions of Higher Learning. OR 15 (Fifteen) years’ administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or equivalent post.
- Age not less than 40 years. Relaxable in the case of exceptionally qualified candidate.
Expertise in Behavioral Science will get preference.
(Pre-revised Pay Band-Rs.37,400/- — Rs.67,000/- with a Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000) Revise pay Matrix Level-14.
Applicants will have to deposit Rs.1000 for the post of Dean of Students’ Welfare. SC/ST candidates are to pay one fourth of the application fees, for which they will have to attach copies of relevant certificates from the appropriate authority at the time of submission of application forms.
- Above mentioned minimum qualifications are subject to modification by the UGC/State Government from time to time.
- A relaxation of 5% in the marks may be provided at the Master’s Degree level for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently-abled (Physically as well as visually) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to the post. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace marks and/or rounding off procedures. A relaxation of 5% in the marks may be provided (i.e. from 55% to 50%) to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
- Appointment will be made on probation for one year, which may be waived or extended and will be guided by the rules as framed and / or amended by the University from time totime.
- Candidates should clearly note that the University will in no case be responsible for non-receipt of application forms by the University and/or non-receipt of interview letter by the candidate, for postal delay or for any other reason whatsoever. Application received after the prescribed last date will not be entertained under any circumstances and all such applications will be summarily rejected. Incomplete applications will also be rejected.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to send their filled up application form, along with the bank receipt copy (Second Copy) and copies of testimonials/certificates duly self attested to “The Registrar, University of Kalyani, P.O. Kalyani, Dist. Nadia, West Bengal, India, Pin-741235” only through Speed Post.
- No applications will be entertained by hand delivery. Last date of receiving of application is 12.07.2021. Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
July 12, 2021