Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American technology company. Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery, package delivery, couriers, freight transportation, and, through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental. The company is based in San Francisco and has operations in over 900 metropolitan areas worldwide.
The AdTech team is relatively new to the Uber ecosystem, but they are a bunch of engineers that are passionate about helping Uber grow by efficiently spending our marketing dollars to get the right message to millions of future riders and drivers. If you are interested in making a direct impact to the company’s bottom line, join the Ad Tech team. Uber spends a significant amount on our ad and marketing efforts which can be optimized significantly and directly speed up the company’s path to profitability. Help us build the software systems that will make this happen. The team is in its early stages, so you can drive products from inception to adoption and further iterations.
About the Role
- Build and work with real-time services along with batch data pipelines that track and attribute ad spend to actions that Uber users take (e.g. take rides, eats orders, etc.). Work on systems that will use advanced machine learning techniques to optimize spend within different channels.
- Build systems that will help us target the right kind of potential users. This involves working with datasets that are world population scale (billions of rows)
- Build a system to provide insights about inherent patterns lying hidden in large volumes of data.
- Analyze and optimize various workflows and data pipelines
What the Candidate Will Need/Bonus Points
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Python, Golang and Java.
- Experience with Distributed system such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertical is helpful.
- Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipeline is nice to have. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- Fast learner: We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For more details, click the link below.