International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York. It was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York, as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company and was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924.
Applications are invited for the post of Data Engineer at IBM, Bangalore.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you play a vital role in building the right infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Expert in setting up effective pipelines to capture data from multiple sources into the enterprise centric storage.
- Comfortable in building effective analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into data synchronization, reporting, operational efficiency and related areas.
- Work with stakeholders including the product owner, data and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements aimed at automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Assemble large, complex data sets including legacy structured data warehouse that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to develop Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using containerization technologies.
- Solve Big Data and Distributed Data Streaming problems using latest technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manipulate, process and extract value from large disconnected datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Work on State-of-the-Art cloud technologies provided by IBM Public Cloud, RedHat, AWS & others.
- Be part of open, transparent agile teams who always thrive for continuous learning and contribute towards continuous improvement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Possess strong knowledge in designing database models to store structured & unstructured data efficiently and in creating effective data tools for analytics experts.
- Knowledge in technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Scala, Python, etc. Knowledge in relational model databases (like DB2, MySQL, Oracle, …) and no-SQL databases (MongoDB, Elastic Search)
- Knowledge on enterprise data lakes, data analytics, reporting, in-memory data handling, enterprise integration tools, etc.
- Good understanding of industry best practices for data governance and security.
- Good communication skills and fluent in English.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For more details, click the link below.