Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Data Center Technician at Google, Mumbai.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
About the Job
Behind Google’s simple search box is one of the most complex technology infrastructures in the world. And behind that infrastructure is a diverse group of Googlers who design, build and keep the lights on for our users.
Our Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future, and our Technical, Engineering, and Support teams bring ideas to life. The teams use creative approaches to reduce operational costs and to extend traditional practices to meet our goal of making our data centers the most energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in the world.
The Hardware Operations team is the team in the Data Center responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google’s powerful search technology. Operations Engineers deploy and maintain Google’s advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure.
Their duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. This team offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google.
This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible.
- Contribute to repairs, upgrades, decoms, deployments, cabling, etc.
- Identify trends for machine failure, report bugs and work with remote teams to resolve them. Communicate effectively with English speaking clients and partners.
- Contribute to projects in deployment, maintenance, and provide support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related challenges on our servers, and resolve critical or escalated technical challenges over a significant population of affected equipment.
- Work in a physically-demanding setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with installing a Network or Linux system and experience with the concepts of both.
- Classroom experience in or a practical understanding of Linux and Networking, including installation, systems administration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with hardware architecture, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of networking, including topology and protocol concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical skills and domains.
- Ability to work as a team member, and to collaborate with others to help resolve challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.