Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Data Analyst at Flipkart, Bangalore.
Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company, headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and incorporated in Singapore as a private limited company.
About the Job
- Data Analyst is an Individual Contributor role where you will be responsible for tracking key metrics through building and maintaining data pipelines and dashboards for visualization.
- Along with this, you will be expected to have a very good handle on different data streams and address the organization’s data requirements.
- This role will work across functions with other groups in analytics as well as other departments in the company and will be expected to frequently work on data requests from various stakeholders
- Gather user requirements for new reports and enhance existing reports. Interpret needs and design reports to meet end user expectations.
- Create and maintain reporting tools and applications to support all strategic and tactical needs of the company. Dashboard development and generation for daily, weekly, monthly and all reporting needs.
- Design and develop complex data queries to move and transform data from operational data sources to analytical databases.
- Test all new reports/deliverables and periodically review them for quality control.
- Technical capabilities:
- Strong experience in SQL – should be able to build complex and optimized queries.
- Strong experience in Excel – should be comfortable with advanced functions. Understanding of macros is beneficial.
- Strong logical & analytical concepts in databases, schemas, dimensional modelling.
- Good to have : Basic understanding of scripting languages (R, Python, etc.).
- Good to have : Experience with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik view, Data studio, etc).
- Good to have : Working knowledge of data warehousing infra tools like Hive.
- Required abilities / competencies:
- Attention to detail and strong data orientation.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new tools/ techniques quickly.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work on a diverse range of requirements.
- Strong rigor in automating repetitive tasks.
- Good to have : understanding of ecommerce/ retail business.
- Work ex:
- 1+ Years of experience in relevant role.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
You may also be interested in: