UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the overall effort to build partnerships and mobilize appropriate and sustainable resource base for programs on UN Women in the MCO (especially focusing on Bhutan, India, Maldives and Sri Lanka). Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Partnerships Coordinator, UN Women India MCO, the Partnerships Consultant will support the implementation of the existing resource mobilization strategy, development of new tools and procedures, and development of UN Women’s strategic partnerships with bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors as well as the private sector.
S/he will support the Resource Mobilization lead in maintaining the network with colleagues from other UN Agencies, IFIs, Government officials, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors, private sector and civil society organizations towards the strengthening of UN Women’s position within the UN family.
Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, International Development, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration or related field.
- 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level;
- Experience in research, policy-level analysis, design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects highly desirable;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programs for data analysis.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge in Hindi;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Knowledge of regional language would be considered an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supports the implementation of MCO strategies related to RM and partnerships building, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the external and internal analysis for assessing opportunities of resource mobilization from institutional as well as private sector donors.
- Scanning of opportunities in the region based on donor-specific intelligence and the competitive landscape; identification where UN Women’s competency, interests and strengths overlap with the donor’s / client’s needs.
- Support the development and implementation of a donor intelligence strategy, RM strategy, Client Relationship Management strategy under the supervision of direct supervisor.
- Support the analysis of key development policies currently being discussed and implemented in the region and key donors willing to support the same.
- Support the negotiation, drafting and revision of documentation for donors and partners. Monitoring of overall implementation of agreements.
- Support the development and implementation of a donor intelligence strategy (partners, needs and priorities, perception of UN WOMEN by its current and potential future partners, and projection of UN Women’s added value and potential role).
- Support the development of specific donor fund-raising strategies and approaches.
- Support the development of a Competitive Landscape Analysis of partners, their priorities and characterization of their relationships/partnerships.
- Support the process of donor reporting for all projects in coordination with program teams.
- Provide logistics support to manage partnership and donor relationships as needed.
- Maintenance of all records/documents/files/communications relating to the unit and related programmes in a user-friendly manner
Support the Resource Mobilization Lead in knowledge building and knowledge sharing as required by the organization, focusing on the following results:
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to resource mobilization and partnership-building activities.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Support and organize training/briefing for the CO staff on resource mobilization issues.
- Project proposals for resource mobilization for potential donors and partners;
- Research products and process documentation for the Unit and select copy edited reports including research reports, programme narrative and evaluation reports;
- Knowledge Resources and communications material including for websites and social media developed;
- Updated database for resources and partners;
- Successful support in organising training/events/meetings.
Duration of Initial Contract
Six Months (20 working days per month)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Oct 6, 2019