Applications are invited for the post of Consultant (Research) – Open Science at The National Law University, Delhi through CIIPC.
National Law University, Delhi is a National Law University in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078. The primary objective of the University is to evolve and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education that is socially relevant.
About the Post
- The National Law University Delhi is seeking to engage a Consultant (Research), who has extensive experience in the area of open science, to work on research papers, reports, policy responses, and academic articles.
- Depending on the project(s) the consultant is hired to be involved in, the contract period will vary.
Role of Consultant (Research)
- The Consultant (Research) will primarily be expected to support Centre’s works in the area of open science, which includes projects commissioned by prominent international organisations.
- The Consultant will be engaged in diverse activities such as research, writing, and editing of research papers, reports, policy responses, and any other publication of the Centre.
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline and with a demonstrated interest in the area of open science.
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of open science, open access, open data, open source software or open hardware related issues.
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills.
- Postgraduate degree or doctoral degree in any discipline and with a demonstrated interest in the area of open science.
- Experience in conducting empirical studies
- Sustained interest in science policies
The remuneration will be competitive, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As the centre is also expecting to get more research projects in the area of open science, depending on the projects the consultant will be involved in, the contract period will vary.
Date and Time
The process of evaluating applications starts from July 10, 2021 (7.00 pm IST) and make offers to consultants that meet the needs for projects.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants may send the following information and materials to careers[at]ciipc.org with a cc to aditi[at]ciipc.org. They encourage applicants to apply at the earliest.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages)
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for this position (maximum 750 words)
- A short note (not more than 750 words) on the following question: Is open science relevant for India?
- One academic writing sample of at least 1000 words (published or unpublished).
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
- The subject of the e-mail should be “CIIPC | Application for Consultant (Research)”.
You may also be interested in: