National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) invites applications purely on contractual basis for engaging Consultant (Research and Evaluation) for a period of one year.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), is the board of education under the Union Government of India. It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India in 1989 to provide education to all segments of society under the motive to increase literacy and aimed forward for flexible learning.
No. of Posts
- Master’s Degree from recognized University with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in Education/Sociology/Psychology/Measurement/Psychometry/Educational Statistics and good academic records.
- Knowledge of Computer Application
- Knowledge of English and Hindi
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- M.Phil and or Ph.D
- Experience in Operational/Statistical Research
- Experience in organizing Seminars, Workshops, and in-service education programs in education
- At least 02 (Two) research-based papers published in Journals (National/International level with ISSN No.)
Below 65 years
Role and Responsibilities
- Research in major priority areas of NIOS particularly in Open and Distance Learning/Open Schooling system.
- Evaluate major activities (academic/examination/support services) of NIOS
- Coordinate and monitor the research project assigned to internal/external researchers and other agencies.
- Coordinate with Research Advisory Committee (RAC) and monitor all activities undertaken by Research and Development Cell.
- Compile and prepare the research reports undertaken by the Research and Development Cell.
Terms and Conditions
- The positions are purely on contractual basis and can be extended on mutual consent. The candidate engaged will have to execute an agreement with NIOS, renewable on the basis of satisfactory performance.
- The candidate engaged to this position shall not be part of the regular staff in the matter of recruitment to regular post.
- The candidate engaged shall have no vested right prior to and after the completion of the contract period to ask for regularization/absorption in NIOS.
- During the contract, if required, the contractual staff will have to proceed to any part of India and will perform such duties as may be assigned to him/her in connection with the work of NIOS.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
June 7, 2021