National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) invites applications for engagement of Consultant (Civil) on contractual basis.
About National Council of Science Museums (NCSM)
National Council of Science Museums is an autonomous organisation under Indian Ministry of Culture. It is the largest chain of science centers or museums under a single administrative umbrella in the world.
First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Applicant is required to have at least 20 years’ experience in the field of Civil Engineering in Central Government/State Government/PSU/Central or State Autonomous Body
Scope of Work
Finalizing the tenders for civil works as per CPWD norms; shall monitor all major civil works of the Council and ensure implementation of best practices in the field of civil engineering, compliance of all statutory regulations applicable for public buildings across all buildings of the Council etc.; monitoring compliance of all requirements for security and safety of visitors, employees, assets of the Council etc. like fire detection, prevention & protection systems, disaster preparedness & mitigation policy of the Govt. &other agencies.
Upper age limit – 65 years of age as on31.08.2021
Initial contract would be for a period of one yearand may further be extended on year to year basis subject to functional requirement, appraisal of the performance and medical fitness of the individual.
No accommodation facility or house rent will be provided by NCSM.
Terms of payment
A Consolidated remuneration of `50,000.00 per month will be paid to the person retired from Central Govt./State Govt./ PSU/ Central or State Autonomous Body asChief Engineer/Dy. Chief Engineer or equivalentin the Pay Matrix Level 13A/13 at the time of retirement of service.
Tax deduction at sources
The income tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules, will be deducted at source before effecting the payment for which NCSM will issue TDS certificate as applicable.
How to Apply?
- The duly completed application in prescribed format should be submitted addressed to the Secretary, NCSM so as reach NCSM, Kolkata on or before 31.08.2021. Any application received after the due date will be rejected.
- NCSM has the right to cancel advertisement and not to proceed in the matter for engagement of consultant, at any stage or to accept or reject any or all applications without giving any explanation, whatsoever.
- Other terms & conditions of the engagement will be carried out asper Govt. of India guidelines.
- The engagement of Consultant is on contractual basis for an initial period of one year which may be extended as per requirement of the Council.
- The Competent Authority will have all the rights to select any one of the applicants as Consultant or cancel all the applications at its sole discretion.
- The decision of the Competent Authority will be final and applicants will have no right to file any type of petition against the decision in any forum or/and in any court of India.
August 31, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Consultant (Civil) at National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), Kolkata.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: