Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Consultant at UNDP, Solan (HP).
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The Revenue Department (DM), State Government of Himachal Pradesh is responsible to undertake various actions as per the legal-institutional framework of the National Disaster Management Act 2005.
UNDP has been supporting the state government since 2016 to strengthen the SDMA (State Disaster Management Authority) and all 12 DDMAs (District Disaster Management Authorities) out of funds available with it under the 14th Finance Commission Grant by providing demand-based human resource at the state and district levels to facilitate implementation of training & capacity building activities in the State.
In this context, UNDP is looking for individuals for the positions of Documentation Coordinator to provide support to the Government of HP in the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Documentation Coordinator will be based at DDMA, in the District Headquarter of Solan and under the overall supervision of the Deputy Commissioner, he/she would carry out the following tasks:
- Support Training & Capacity Building Coordinator for organizing various Disaster Management Activities and maintaining database.
- Support in organizing information and preparation of reports in coordination with the field staff
- Facilitate and strengthen the reporting system for dissemination of information to the different agencies involved in Disaster Management activities
- Assist in classifying and compiling various knowledge products such as reports, training manuals, handbooks, audio-visual materials, IEC materials and other publications
- Document best practices and lessons learnt
- Awareness generation of DDMA activities through social networking sites with prior approval of DDMA.
- Assist NIC in maintaining and updating disaster management content in the district website in coordination with Deputy Commissioner’s office
- Collect inputs from various stakeholders and update the India Disaster Resource Network (IDRN) on a regular basis
- Respond to the e-mails, queries, questions and clarifications from various stakeholders
- Collect, compile, digitize and transmit knowledge products from various sources organizations on a regular basis
- Designing layouts, graphics and other IEC material in coordination with Training and Capacity Building Coordinator.
- Submit periodic progress reports to the Deputy Commissioner
- Help maintain a database of trainers, trainees and other resource persons in the district
- Facilitate & Coordinate establishment and proper functioning of District Emergency Operation Centers for Disaster Management information dissemination.
- Perform all such functions that may be entrusted by the DDMA.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the State;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in the subject area of the project, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Strong Oral and Communication skills.
- Strong analytical, assessment and project planning skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to apply conceptual models in support of implementation of the various activities assigned by the DDMA
- Good knowledge of the results-based management of the activities/initiatives
- Good working Knowledge of Computers, MS Office, ICT Tools
- Ability to lead implementation of initiatives.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Essential – Post Graduate/Master’s Degree in Disaster Management or Environmental Sciences or social sciences or related discipline.
- Desirable- Knowledge of Customs and Manners of Himachal Pradesh.
- Experience: Essential -Minimum 2 years work experience in Disaster Management or sector relevance to the Disaster Management with government or public sector organization or with reputed NGO.
- Language: Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.
- Duration of the Work: The contract will be awarded for eight months initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification 30% Marks
- Relevant Experience 50% Marks
- Suitability for the assignment 20% Marks.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview. As part of the interview process, candidates may be required to demonstrate their skills through preparation of Power Point presentation, design of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, etc.
- The interviews will be conducted either in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh or in New Delhi and will be based on the competencies (skills) required as per the ToR.
- The contract shall be awarded on a merit basis. If face-to-face interviews are conducted, travel costs will be borne by the shortlisted candidate.
July 29, 2021
For any clarifications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.