Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Consultant at UN Women, Odisha.
About UN Women
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for gender equality and the empowerment of women. It focuses on a wide array of issues, including violence against women and the rights of LGBTIQ people.
About the Job
UN Women seeks to hire a Consultant at Bargarh district to provide technical and facilitative support to enhance the participation of women in technical, vocational education and training.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of OSDA and Country Programme Manager, SCE/Deputy Representative, UN WOMEN, India the Consultant will work in close consultation with the Principals of the I.T.Is/Polytechnics in the concerned district to undertake the following key tasks and other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the skill ecosystem of the district to understand the gaps and challenges to be addressed to increase the enrolment of girls in technical, vocational education and training.
- Facilitate convergent planning to improve skill development outcomes in consultation with the district administration which includes but is not limited to the District Skill Committee, Department of Skill Development & Technical Education, School & Mass Education, Women & Child Development and civil society partners.
- Prepare a Consolidated Work Plan in consultation with the key stakeholders in the district for creating awareness, mobilization and counselling strategy to enable girls and disadvantaged groups to access the skill development programmes.
- Community Sensitisation for creating a socially enabling environment for increasing the participation of women in skill training.
- Enhance awareness among girls/women on the opportunities available and advantages of technical vocational education and training.
- Mobilisation to raise awareness among the Parents of the female beneficiaries, School Principals, Teachers, Community Leaders and other influence groups on skill training opportunities, employment and career progression.
- Ensure mobilisation and counselling services reach out to women through career counselling campaigns.
- Facilitate identification, interaction and felicitation of women role models in the district.
- Motivate girls to opt for non-traditional, unconventional and courses that are male dominant.
- Facilitate the Gender Sensitisation of Counsellors, Mobilisers and key stakeholders.
- Support in developing IEC/BCC materials for publicity such as leaflets, banners etc.
- District level campaign to mobilise girls to overcome barriers and make the right career choices highlighting government efforts such as Sudakhya Scheme to increase the enrolment of girls in I.T.I’s etc.
- Undertake field visits at regular intervals for monitoring and supportive supervision.
- Documentation of best practices.
- Monthly Reporting of progress.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisors from time to time
The Consultant is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Develop a Workplan in consultation with key stakeholders to mobilise girls for technical education and training.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings/consultations with various stakeholders – State Government and district administration as well as other partners.
- Capacity building and sensitisation of key stakeholders on Gender.
- Support & develop communication materials for district level campaign.
- Documentation of the best practices in the districts for learning.
- Timely submission of Monthly Progress Report and Consultation/Meeting Reports.
- Any other tasks assigned as per requirement.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences, women’s rights, international studies, gender and development, law or any other related discipline.
- 3 years of professional experience, preferably with the government or civil society sector on gender, skilling and employment and entrepreneurship.
- Experience of working in women related projects would be desirable;
- Experience of Government functioning;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) required and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages desirable.
- Fluency in English and Odia. Understanding of the local dialect spoken in the district will be an added advantage.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria
Criteria for shortlisting of CVs will be based on the following assessment:
- Required Degree and Qualification (5 points);
- Minimum Experience relevant to the assignment (10 points);
- Working knowledge and experience of working with National /State Government (5 points);
The evaluation process for selection of the candidate will be based on the following assessment:
- Interview (70 Points)
- Writing Samples (30 Points)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Dec 17, 2021