Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of City Project Coordinator at UNDP, Nagpur.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries
About the Post
The City Project Coordinator will work with the Municipal Corporation of Nagpur and will be stationed at the Municipal Corporation of Nagpur.
The City Project Coordinator will report to the Programme Officer, Resilience. The City Project Coordinator will be expected to assist the municipal commissioner in managing the successful implementation of the program at the city level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Disaster Management, Environmental Sciences or relevant courses.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the arena of Disaster Management/ Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Basic knowledge of Disaster Management Functioning Framework at the State Level and well as sound knowledge of the functioning of the State Government is essential.
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is desirable.
- Experience in working with the State/ Central Governments and knowing about their functioning is desirable.
- Language Requirement :
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Hindi and Marathi is desirable
- Support the corporation in carrying out Hazard Risk Vulnerability Assessment for the city.
- Assist in the creation of Disaster Management Plans forwards and the city as a whole.
- Assist the corporation in the implementation of various climate change adaptation initiatives.
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction in developmental planning initiatives of the Corporation through consultative processes with various line departments.
- Assist in the creation of modules for various DRR related orientations and training.
- Organize First Aid and Rescue training, mason and engineering training in safe construction, school safety training, and other DRR related training.
- Assist in the development of Hospital and School Safety plans for the corporation.
- Assisting the corporation in the development and designing of various IEC materials for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Assisting in creating various reports pertaining to DRR for the corporation.
- Support in organizing structural audits for lifeline structures.
- Assist in setting up and functioning of an Emergency Operations Center in the Corporation.
- Support the corporation in the day-to-day implementation of the projects related to DRR and also provide the inputs in the day-to-day implementation of the projects under the Resilience portfolio of UNDP.
- Independently manage the implementation of the Community Resilience initiatives at the city level.
- Develop the mandatory quarterly reports and help in the monitoring of the project activities.
- Support the unit in preparation of the Annual Work Plans and associated budgets.
- Assist the State Government in preparation of various proposals, reports, DPRs and carry out any other activities for the harnessing of the funds for Disaster Management under the 15th Finance Commission under the supervision of the State Coordinator for the UNDP program.
- Support in any other task as directed by the supervisor
- Ability to create concise reports and prepare detailed project proposals.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to integrate technology into various aspects of the project for planning, rollout, and monitoring.
- Ability to liaise with various departments and advocate for DRR linkages wherever necessary.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the post through this link.
November 25, 2021
Click here to view the official notifications for the post of City Project Coordinator at UNDP, Nagpur
More such opportunities you might be interested in: