Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Business Analyst at IBM, Bangalore.
International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 171 countries.
- You are a Business Analyst who will be responsible for the management of all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in a IT solution.
- An ambitious individual who can work under your own direction towards agreed targets and goals, you have the ability to manage change and to work under stress. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge.
- You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team.
- They seek an applicant who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for the management of all aspects of data and information (both structured and unstructured) from business requirements to logical and physical design in a IT solution.
- Application Management (for DB2-hosted Information Warehouse)
- Participating in diverse Agile ceremonies (standup, showcase, retro) to discuss status of project activities, actions, tasks, blockers; providing input about completed and closed items
- Developing own skills and knowledge with fitting to business strategy. Building the gathered knowledge into team knowledge
- Maintain applications and provide technical issue resolution
- Create and maintain cognos reports
- Recommend process/systems changes and contribute to the whole lifecycle of the projects/CRs (design, development, testing, deployments)
- Ensure the security and compliance of the application and keep legal and internal regulations
- Educate and support business users, support developers in case of issues, performing root cause analysis and fix design and identify potential improvements
- Cooperation with upstream and downstream teams
- Create test cases and perform reference data review and testing activities
- Cover a scope that spans the full information management lifecycle from data acquisition, data cleansing, transformation, classify and storage to presentation, distribution, security, privacy and archiving.
- Bring in best practices across all modules using Data Modeling (How to best partition based on the data distribution, and to optimize for front end application)
- Automate / touchless application design and unit testing for all designs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to handle daily scrums and work closely with leads and scrum master and product owners to provide status on timely basis
- Ability to prepare install scripts and code promotion procedure as well as build automation
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Advanced SQL writing and understanding
- Basics of mainframe environment (MVS, RACF)
- Basics of procedural programming languages (i.e. Cobol, C/C++, PL1)
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working in a multinational environment
- Demonstrable experience in designing Physical Data Model, Logical Model & Modeling Techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Design Information System Architecture
- Additional advantage knowing z-test
- Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.