Applications are invited for the post of Associate Editor at Pearson, Noida.
Pearson plc is a British multinational publishing and education company headquartered in London, England. It was founded as a construction business in the 1840s but switched to publishing in the 1920s. It is the largest education company and was once the largest book publisher in the world.
In this unique role, the Associate Editor will be responsible for developing and producing content that meets the highest quality, time, and cost standards. This is a unique opportunity to work on some of Pearson’s best Higher Education titles globally, customize them to suit the needs of various international markets, and to see them through right from the content creation and development stage to their production.
Candidates in this role will work closely with colleagues in Editorial, Production, Sales, and Technology around the world. Associate Editors will also be responsible for working on the digital products and platforms associated with their titles.
- Developing and producing content that meets the highest quality, time, and cost standards
- Working with contributors and Editorial, Production, and Technology colleagues to deliver high-quality publications, and their related supplements, in a timely fashion
- Planning, in conjunction with Editorial, Production, and Technology colleagues
- Ensuring Pearson editorial/production management systems are kept updated
- Establishing strong and clear communication within the Global Editions team, and with Pearson colleagues around the world
- Negotiating with authors and contributors, acquisitions editors, development editors, text and cover designers, and Production and Manufacturing colleagues
- Assessing and preparing print and digital manuscripts/contributions for copy-editing
- Checking cover designs and copy
- Selecting freelancers and negotiating and liaising with them
- Checking proofs at all stages
- Planning, scheduling, and preparing supplement packages
- Taking a proactive role in driving a project forward at all times
You might currently be in Editorial, Production, Sales, Marketing, or Product Development. You will have a track record of success and be able to demonstrate the right qualities to take on this unique role. You may also have experience of working in an international publishing environment.
You will be expected to:
- Demonstrate strong project management and content development skills
- juggle a number of concurrent projects
- prioritize effectively
- work closely with content contributors, freelance copy-editors, and vendors
- shape and develop ideas into successful, saleable material
- be market-focused and commercially driven
- build strong personal networks in the relevant communities
- demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills
- be sensitive to the requirements of working across different cultures
- work proactively and flexibly in a team, and inspire those around you
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For more details, click the link below.