Applications are invited from fresh graduates for the post of Associate Application Engineer at Pearson, Bangalore.
Pearson plc is a British multinational publishing and education company headquartered in London, England. It was founded as a construction business in the 1840s but switched to publishing in the 1920s. It is the largest education company and was once the largest book publisher in the world.
Pearson is seeking highly motivated individuals with a sound technical background to join their Technical Operations team. Pearson takes continuous learning to heart. They value positive energy, clear communication, and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
- Monitoring application servers proactively identify potential issues before they happen
- Understand the impact of system issues using a combination of system knowledge and technical skills
- Take ownership of system issues and use technical skills to resolve. Liaise with other technical contacts as required to implement a solution
- Maintain knowledge base of system issues and the steps taken to resolve
- Contribute to software release testing by creating test plans, carrying out testing and creating associated documentation.
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Quickly Learn and Adapt to the technologies
- Troubleshoot or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required until the issue has been resolved.
- Be part of an out of hours on-call support Rota as required. Active out of hours support on month end periods is expected.
- Ideal candidate of 0-3 years of IT experience or A Degree in a related Engineering/Computer Science/IT field is preferred
- ITIL Foundation certificate (preferable but not essential)
- Able to support and design/develop complex ESB / ETL processes and identify areas of optimizations
- ESB/ETL support/development role for data-warehousing, data-migration & reporting
- Experienced in testing, debugging and performance tuning of ESB / ETL processes
- Expert SQL, incl stored procedures, analytical SQL and query tuning
- Understanding of data modelling and logical / physical database design
Essential technical skills/tools:
- IBM Integration BUS / App Connect / Informatica / Spring Boot (Integration)
- IBM Advance MQ (including Managed File Transfer)
- Relational Database – Oracle, SQL Server ..etc
- Linux / Unix command line and shell scripting
- IIB / WMB / Informatica 9.x / 10.x certification
- Familiar in Java, Unix/Python Shell Scripting
- ETL experience like Informatica Power Centre, IDQ
- Experience in Source Control tool like Subversion, Bitbucket
- Experience in cloud environments like AWS, Google
- Experience in Administration of IBM Integration BUS, MQ & MFT
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
March 18, 2021
For more details, click the link below.