Online applications are invited for the appointment of Assistant Professors on Contract basis at School of Distance Education, University of Calicut.
The University of Calicut also known as Calicut University, is a collegiate state public university in Malappuram District located in northern Kerala, India. Established in 1968, it is the first university to be set up in northern Kerala. The university is co-ordinatinated by the University Grants Commission.
No. of Posts (Subject Wise)
- Commerce: 01
- English: 01
- Political Science: 01
- Mathematics: 01
The qualification for the said posts will be as per the UGC norms for Assistant Professors (PG with 55% aggregate in the relevant subject + NET/PhD ).
Below 40 years (Upper age limit prescribed will be relaxed in the case of OBC, SC/ST and differently abled candidates by 3 years, 5 years and 10 years respectively subject to the relevant provisions of KS&SSR.
The remuneration for the post of Assistant Professors on contract will be Rs. 35,000/- (Rupees thirty five Thousand only) per month (consolidated).
Nature of Appointment
Term of Contract
One year from the date of joining.
Consolidated pay of Rs. 35000/-per month
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post online through this link.
- The scanned copies of all the documents to prove each claims made in the online application should be e-mailed to “ firstname.lastname@example.org “ on or before 19.06.2021.
- The documents should be scanned as different pages of a single ‘ pdf ‘ file in the following order a printout of the online application
- SSLC book
- NCLC/Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Original Certificate and marklist of Graduation and Post Graduation
- Percentage certificate (in cases where only the CGPA is given) f) Experience certificate (If any) g) Any other Certificates relevant for the post.
- The subject of the email should be “Assistant Professor on contract -( Name of Subject) – Certificates”.
- Candidates who fail to submit the documents on or before 19.06.2021 will not be considered for the interview.
- The candidates who are found eligible after the verification of documents submitted will only be called for the interview.
- More details regarding the interview will be intimated later to eligible candidates only.
- Strictly adhere to the above instructions.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from Universities outside Kerala should produce equivalency certificate obtained from this University at the time of interview.
- Reservation benefit shall be applicable to only those communities which are mentioned in the KS & SSR.
- The engagement on contract basis shall be for a period of one year from the date of joining.
- Candidates should produce original certificates to prove age, qualification, experience and community (Non-creamy-layer certificate to those belonging to OBC) at the time of interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Appointments will be made as per communal rotation observing rules in this regard.
- There will not be future claim for appointment by virtue of this appointment.
June 19, 2021