Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor (English) at Gujarat National Law University.
The Gujarat National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometers north of the city of Ahmedabad.
Role and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head (Dean) – Academic Affairs and over all supervision of the Director and the Registrar, you shall perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct teaching according to the GNLU Academic Regulations and Rules with an aim to achieve the highest possible academic and research standards of the University;
- Provide teaching and research assistance to Professors and Associate Professors;
- Plan, develop, undertake teaching, research, extension and training activities in consultation with other departments and external institutions, as required, to deliver quality and effective public and private services of the GNLU and achieve the GNLU vision;
- Actively participate in developing high standards of curriculum in accordance with the emerging trends and in response to the interdisciplinary developments in relevant area;
- Organize student centric workshops, training, conferences, round table discussions in relevant area;
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and report interdisciplinary research in collaboration with external universities, institutions, government departments, industrial and economic agencies, judiciary within India and abroad;
- Participate in teaching and research at the GNLU and GNLU organized joint courses with external institutions, in consultation with the Curriculum Committee;
- Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination as required by University from time to time.
- Master’s Degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in relevant area;
- Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart from teaching/research.
- Minimum five years’ of teaching experience preferably in premier law universities.
₹ 57,700 (Fixed)
- Cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET;
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills;
- Ability to innovate and to improve academic programmes or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods.
Who can Attend?
- Candidates are required to bring three copies of their resume with photograph affixed on all copies, original and one set of photocopy of their Academic certificates, Experience certificate and other documents.
- Walk in Interview Date: Monday, 26 July 2021. Reporting time for walk in Interview: 1030 hrs (No candidate shall be considered for walk in interview after 1030 Hrs.)
- Address: The Registrar, Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar 382426, Gujarat (INDIA)
- Candidates are required to follow the COVID – 19 Guidelines issued by the Government of Gujarat.
- The University retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a revised remuneration for deserving and experienced candidates, or to make an appointment with modified job description and to fix revised qualification and requirements.
- This appointment is for 364 days duration.