Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor at Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh.
Punjab Engineering College is a public “research & engineering” institution under the administration of Union Territory of Chandigarh. It was founded in 1921 which focuses on the field of applied sciences, particularly engineering and technology.
No. of Posts
Cyber Security Research Centre (Self Finance Scheme): 02
- Ph. D in relevant Discipline
- First class in all preceding degrees. (60% or equivalent).
They seek outstanding candidates with a strong track record of research to strengthen and complement our current academic and research program.
They are interested broadly in all areas of cybersecurity and privacy, including, but not limited to: Applied Cryptography; Cybercrime and Cyber Law, Social media Analysis, Next Generation Digital Technologies, Digital and mobile forensics, Dark Web; Cyber Physical System (CPS) Security, IoT security, Cybersecurity Operations and Analytics, Machine Learning, Machine Learning for Security; Blockchain security, cryptocurrencies, Privacy, Information warfare, etc.; Human Factors of cybersecurity and privacy, network, mobile/wearable security and privacy.
Pay for candidates with Ph.D. will be Rs.73,500/- (Consolidated)
Maximum Age: 37 years.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidate should be a citizen of India. Transgender candidates may also apply.
- Visually disabled / Hearing disabled candidates shall produce medical certificate issued by competent authority in support of their claim.
- This appointment is purely temporary for one semester.
- This appointment does not confer any right on the applicant to claim either continuous employment or permanency in future.
- The eligibility, qualifications/experience etc. for all the posts shall be determined as on the last date of receipt of application forms.
- Incomplete applications/applications without necessary enclosures will summarily be rejected.
- The Institute/Director reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process of temporary faculty in partial or full without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- All Degree Certificates should be from recognized Universities / Institutes. Further, candidates must attach conversion criteria of CGPA to percentage (%) from the University/Institution/Board.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The date of interview will be intimated on the Institute website.
- Candidates will have to appear for the interview at their own cost, if called, before the Institute Level Standing Committee. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- All original documents will have to be produced at the time of interview for verification.
How to Apply?
- The duly filled Summary form, along with the supporting documents/certificates including identity proof, may be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19.07.2021 by 5:00 PM.
- The eligible candidates will be called for interview and they will require to bring the following documents at the time of interview:
- Original Summary Form.
- Original Educational Qualification documents / certificates.
- PAN Card (mandatory),
- Documents to prove Identity preferably Aadhar card.
- Experience, Research Papers etc.
July 19, 2021
Dean Faculty Affairs
Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University)
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Assistant Professor at Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: