Applications are invited for the posts of Assistant Professor at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar, Mohali.
The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar is an autonomous Institute of National importance set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers by an Act of Parliament, to impart higher education and undertake advanced research in the field of
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Technology and Management.
No. of Posts
45 years as on July 26.
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching / research / industrial experience with published work of high quality.
- PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS: Strong background of chromatography and spectroscopy, including principles and applications of sophisticated hyphenated techniques (LC-MS, ICP-MS, GC-MS, NMR, etc.). Proficiency in analytical (including bioanalytical) method development, method validation and pharmacopoeial analysis is desirable. Industry experienced applicants are expected to have indepth knowledge of principles of quality assurance, quality control, GLP and stability testing. All candidates should be familiar with Indian as well as International regulatory quality guidelines.
- PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY (BIOTECHNOLOGY): Strong background in biochemical engineering/biotechnology/applied molecular biology/chemical engineering/bioprocess engineering/ fermentation technology / mammalian cell culture / plant cell culture / enzyme technology with a thorough understanding in molecular biology/recombinant DNA technology / high cell density fermentation etc.
- MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY: The candidate should be well versed in all aspects of Medicinal Chemistry including organic synthesis, chemical biology, bioorganic chemistry. Preference will be given to candidates with working experience in drug discovery projects during and after Ph.D. (established in the forms of patents/publications/industrial experience). Experience in design and synthesis of bioactive compounds will be preferred.
- PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY: The candidate should have published research work in high quality well recognized journals in the area of drug metabolism/ immunopharmacology / infectious diseases / receptor pharmacology/ pharmacokinetics with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching / research / industrial experience. Candidate should have demonstrative leadership in in vitro and in vivo pharmacology and hands on training in the areas of flow cytometry / patch clamp technology / confocal microscopy / transgenic animals.
- NATURAL PRODUCTS: Post-doctoral research experience in Ayurvedic and allied sciences. Experience in Rasashastra/Dravyaguna/Ayurvedic pharmacy (formulations), pre clinical/clinical evaluation of traditional medicine formulations, AYUSH Pharmaceutical Research, Standardization of herbal drugs/traditional medicine formulations using modern techniques with markers. A candidate with Ayurveda / traditional medicine experience will be preferred.
Pay Range Rs. 1,01,500-1,67,400 (as per 7th CPC).
Other Amenities/ Allowances
- The faculty of NIPER shall be entitled to Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Reimbursement Facility and other allowances as applicable to NIPER faculties. In addition, the faculty of the Institute shall be given the following special allowances to help them in their professional development.
- Membership of professional societies/procurement of journals: Every faculty member shall get 50% subsidy on the cost of membership or of the journals upto a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year.
- Book Allowance: Every faculty member shall get a book allowance upto maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per year. The books shall ultimately form a part of the Institute’s Library accession.
- Contract research & consultancy: The Institute encourages the faculty members to undertake consultancy work or work on sponsored projects.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / written test / interview or any other process as decided by the Competent Authority.
- The application(s) must be submitted as per prescribed application format including signed supplementary format(s) of synopsis and brief duties format and other information. The synopsis duly filled in shall also be send (in .pdf format) through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The candidate(s) who fulfill the eligibility criteria, may submit the application(s) on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees/ certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with latest passport size photograph and prescribed fee, as mentioned below, in the shape of Demand Draft favouring Director, NIPER payable at Mohali/Chandigarh.
- For post under direct recruitment for Unreserved and OBC category: Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/female candidate: NIL
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (NIPER),
SECTOR-67, S.A.S.NAGAR (MOHALI)-160062
The last date for receipt of application forms is 26.07.2021 (Monday) [15 days extended period i.e. upto 10.08.2021 (Tuesday) is allowed for the candidates from abroad].
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Assistant Professor at NIPER Mohali.
You may also be interested: