Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor at IIT Mandi.
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is a public technical and research university located in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. Since the first batch of 97 students joined in July 2009, IIT Mandi has grown to currently host 125 faculty, 1,655 students and 1,141 alumni.
About the Job
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor Grade I & Grade II in the School of Computing & Electrical Engineering in all areas of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). Exceptional Candidates in other areas may also be considered.
- Applicants should have a passion for teaching, should be exceptionally motivated, and should have an established record of high-quality research.
- IIT Mandi promotes an interdisciplinary culture and faculty members can collaborate with Institute faculty in other areas of engineering, basic sciences, and humanities and social sciences.
- Also, with its location in the Himalayas, IIT Mandi provides unique opportunities for research on socially-relevant technologies for the Himalayan region.
- Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in appropriate branch/ discipline with consistently good academic record throughout.
- Definition of “First Class” for the purpose of faculty selection: IIT Mandi takes first class for faculty selection to mean 60% of the range of gradepoints or marks. However, for those institutes which award first class, the minimum of 60% or the percentage of marks or grades at which the institute awards first class is taken as the criterion for first class. Nevertheless, the criterion for first class shall not be lower than 58% in any case.
- For other terms and condition please refer to the document: ADVERTISEMENT NO. ITMANDI/STD/1/2021/Faculty dt. January 18th, 2021.
- Assistant Professor GradeI (earlier Assistant Professor): At least 3 years relevant industrial/ research/ teaching experience excluding however, the experience gained while pursing Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor GradeII (earlier Assistant Professor on Contract): Candidates not eligible for Assistant Professor Grade I may be considered for tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor GradeI. They may move to Assistant Professor GradeI after fulfilling the eligibility requirements of Grade I and based on their performance evaluation.
Should preferably be below 35 years of age.
Assistant Professor Grade I: Level 12, Cell 1 Rs. 1,01,500/
Assistant Professor GradeII: Level 10, Cell 14 Rs. 84,700/
Level 11, Cell 10 Rs. 89,900/
Level 11, Cell 11 Rs. 92,600/
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- For queries, please contact, Dr. Samar, Chairperson, SCEE, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, via email:
- General information about the School of Computing & Electrical Engineering can be found on the following website: http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/Schools/SCEE/faculty.php