Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd., a Navratna PSU, is the largest and premier Indian shipping which has a significant presence on the global maritime map. It occupies the NumeroUno position with its diversified fleet, operating in nearly all segments of shipping viz. Container services, liquid and dry bulk services, offshore services, passenger services and break-bulk services.
SCI invites online applications from Indian nationals for the following posts at the level of Assistant Managers (E2) on contract (with possibility of regularization following due procedures).
Post Details (Stream Wise)
- No. of Posts: 10
- Posts Qualification Required: Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant
- No. of Posts: 10
- Posts Qualification Required: 2 years full time MBA/MMS with specialization in Personnel Management/HRD/HRM/Industrial Relations/ Labour Welfare OR 2 years full time Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour Welfare / HRM OR Masters in Personnel Management from UGC/AICTE recognized University/Institute with minimum of 60% marks.
- No. of Posts: 17
- Posts Qualification Required: 2 years full time MBA /Post Graduate Degree in Business Management/ Post Graduate Diploma in Management from a UGC/AICTE recognized University/Institute with minimum of 60% marks.
4. Civil Engineering
- No. of Posts: 03
- Posts Qualification Required: 4 years full time Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a UGC/AICTE recognized University/Institute with minimum of 60% marks.
- No. of Posts: 05
- Posts Qualification Required: Full time degree in Law (3 years / 5 years) from a recognised University India with minimum of 60% marks. CS Qualification is desirable.
6. Fire & Security
- No. of Posts: 01
- Posts Qualification Required: Full time regular BE/B Tech in Fire & Safety Engineering from AICTE approved / UGC recognised University (10+2+4 regular stream) with minimum of 60% marks. Personnel with relevant experience in PSUs/PSBs will be given preference.
Age Limit as on 01.12.2019 is 27 years. Age will be relaxable by 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD candidates. Relaxation for Ex-servicemen candidates will be as per Government of India guidelines.
Period of Contract
The period of contract will be for three years. There is a possibility of regularization of posts after the completion of the period of contract following due procedures.
Probation cum Training Period
There will be a probationary cum training period of one year. On successful completion of probationary cum training, the candidate will be confirmed on contract.
Emoluments and Benefits
- The selected candidates will be placed in the E-2 pay scale (AM) of RS. 50,000 – Rs.1,60,000 in the minimum of scale. The candidate will be entitled to Basic Pay, DA, HRA, Allowances/perks and PRP in accordance with the prevailing revised pay structure.
- In addition to the Basic pay and DA in Industrial DA pattern the other benefits shall include Perks (35% of basic pay), Performance related pay based on the Company’s as well as individual performance and Contributory Provident Fund as per the Company’s Rule.
The selected candidates will be posted in Mumbai or any of the Regional offices. They can be posted or transferred anywhere in India depending on requirement of the Organisation. Selected candidates will have to make their own arrangements for accommodation; Company accommodation may be provided based on availability.
A non-refundable registration fee of Rs.500/- (Rs. Five hundred only) for General, OBC and EWS candidates and Rs 100/-(Rs. Hundred only) intimation charges only for SC/ST/PWD/ExSM is to be paid. The Application Fee is non-refundable. The process of Registration is complete only when fee is paid through online mode on or before the last date for payment of fee.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Last date of receipt of completely filled application forms and payment of fees: 24th February, 2020
- Admit cards to the candidates for Online Exam: 5th March, 2020
- Online Exam: 22nd March, 2020
- Result of Online Exam and short listing of candidates for Stage II: 2nd week of April 2020
- Stage II: Group Discussion and Interviews: 5th week of April or 1st week of May 2020
- Result Declaration: 3rd/ 4th week of May 2020