Flipkart invites applications from the interested candidates for the post of Assistant Manager for its office in Bhiwandi.
About the Company
Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company, headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and incorporated in Singapore as a private limited company. The company initially focused on online book sales before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials, groceries, and lifestyle products.
The service competes primarily with Amazon’s Indian subsidiary and domestic rival Snapdeal. As of March 2017, Flipkart held a 39.5% market share of India’s e-commerce industry. Flipkart has a dominant position in the apparel segment, bolstered by its acquisition of Myntra, and was described as being “neck and neck” with Amazon in the sale of electronics and mobile phones.
The primary responsibility of the Security Manager is to ensure the implementation of security policies and procedures across Flipkart business in his Area Of Responsibility (AOR) The role is cross-functional and requires deep collaboration and influencing ability with stakeholders from operations, Zonal functions as well as external partners.
General Security Management
- The individual is responsible for the Region / Zone of hubs which falls under his AOR. (counts varies from 50 to 80 hubs or FC / MH / TC / PH / LM)
- Lead the security team and manage the security infrastructure of the complete region to ensure the safety and security of employees and assets.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of the organization’s response to a crisis, in an effective, timely manner; planning disaster/ emergency management programs.
- Conducts internal Fire / Safety & Security Audits.
- Analyze the targets and set up goals for the team and ensures timely deliveries.
- Liaise with Local Police Authorities and ensure timely support as & when required.
- Budget management – Budgeting Zonal OPEX / CAPEX.
- Maintain Cost optimization and manage security vendors for better performance.
- Drive standardization and benchmarking to ensure continual process improvement
- Recruit, induct, groom, motivate and drive a team of diverse backgrounds to create centers of excellence.
- Additionally, Train, coach, and manage Security Zonal team.
- Develop and maintain external partnerships, i.e. law enforcement, emergency services, etc.
- Security vendor governance Logistics Security Management
- Managing Logistic security operations and improve service levels.
- Manage risk assessments & security audits for Zonal Transportation Sites and implementing CAPA at sites.
- Assist RSM in Cross-Functional activities in driving the Loss Prevention program.
- Ensure compliance with Flipkart Security Loss Prevention Policy / Program / Guidelines.
- Reducing losses by controlling shrink, preventing pilferage and damages to the inventory during operations in a vast Distribution and Logistics Supply chain
- Conducting investigations for various theft, pilferage & other frauds, and closure with RCA.
- Security training and coordinating Logistics security activities through zonal security team.
- Maintain working relationships and liaisons with law enforcement and related agencies.
- Liaison with Police and following up until case closure, providing Litigation support for incidents as and when required, in assistance from the Legal team. Physical Security
- Manage physical security measures and security systems for robust Hub Security.
- Ensure management of people, material, and vehicle management protocols at Warehouses, Transport Centers, and Delivery hubs.
- Ensure smooth management, control, and maintenance of physical access authorization procedures and access control protocol.
- Initiate Incident investigations, Investigations Reports, maintain escalation metrics, and raise exception reports as per response structures mechanism.
- Maintain security incident data, with periodic trend analysis implement corrective actions plans
Security projects & services
- Analyze the targets and set up goals for the team.
- Responsible for security deployment of AOR.
- Review and implement SOP’s & management system
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of Fire extinguisher, CCTV & Fire alarm system which includes security projects relates to new installations, relocation & asset mobilization during site closures.
- Conducting training on Firefighting, first aid, occupational safety, and other security awareness sessions to all categories of employees working Flipkart.
- Responsible for all hub audit compliances relates to Fire, safety & security.
- Handling occupational health and safety incidents of all categories of employees working in & around Flipkart.
- Maintaining all kinds of MIS records pertaining to Investigation, blacklisted customers & sellers, internal staff & other security Projects.
- Undertake, design & implement security projects in given timelines and budgets
- Manage and monitor cost, performance, and quality of projects related to infrastructure & process enhancement.
- Ensure consistent security services – security guarding, alarm monitoring & response, visitor management, access control, material movement, and security documentation.
- Ensure security team contribution in cross-functional projects, to support business goals
Emergency Response & Crisis Management
- Creation, updating, exercising, and maintenance of Crisis Management organization and plans.
- Plan and execute various tests & exercises
- Follow Emergency Response and Crisis Management guidelines to handle security incidents and crises.
- Liaise with state authorities, police, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), and emergency services on a day-to-day basis, during mock exercises and real-life incidents and crisis situations.
- University degree level or equivalent through experience and professional certification.
- Completion of professional security certification training e.g. PSP, TAPA, or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the security-related profession with logistics operations
- Experience in implementation of security projects/programs in allocated AOR.
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of logistics security operations, standards, and technology.
- Experience in managing or coordinating security investigations of complex nature.
- Knowledge of information security processes and systems.
- Experience in security auditing.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, including the ability to write reports and returns on both routine and Adhoc basis.
- Interpersonal collaboration skills to work with varied stakeholders across organizational levels.
- Disciplinary approach towards security management.
- Ability to train and impart awareness to motivate the core security team as well as employees.
- Unblemished track record and high levels of personal integrity.
- Exemplary team motivator and genuine team player.
How to Apply?
You may also be interested in: