Fencing Association of India (FAI) is a National Sports Federation registered under the Societies Act 1860 and it operates jointly with Sports Authority of India (SAI), Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports with the aim to promote and broad – base sports in the country.
FAI desires to implement schemes/programmes for achieving excellence in sports in different disciplines at international level in order to establish India as a Fencing Sport power requires qualified and experienced Assistant Coaches in all three events (Foil, Epee and Sabre) in the discipline of Fencing to train/assist the Fencers for achieving excellence in National/Asian/Commonwealth/Olympic and other major international competitions.
No. of Posts
- Graduate of any Discipline from a recognized university in India/abroad.
- Should be English Speaking and have working knowledge of English.
- Should have a Diploma in Fencing from Sports Authority of India or equivalent from a reputed university/institute of India/abroad AND Certificate course for International Fencers from a recognized Institution or from FAI/SAI.
- Should have deep understanding of Fencing sport and High-Performance Sports Atmosphere.
- Minimum Senior National Level Participation or Junior Level Medal.
- Minimum 5 of his trained Fencers should have represented in Senior / Junior / Sub Junior Levels at National Fencing Championships / Tournaments.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a Fencing Coach in a reputed / recognized Fencing Training Institution
- Should have worked in a club / Training Centre / Fencing Association or Equivalent for a minimum of 5 years combined.
- Minimum Senior National Medalist or International Participation in “FIE” or equivalent as a Fencer.
- Should have good knowledge of his / her specific discipline (Epee or Sabre or Foil as the case may be).
- Should be able to maintain, handle and repair the Fencing Equipment.
- Should be physically fit to demonstrate the technique to the athletes while imparting training.
Should be below 60 years of age as on 1st June 2020. However, in exceptional cases, the Committee constituted by FAI jointly with SAI may take a decision based on credentials of the coach, if the age exceeds 60 years.
INR 75,000/- per month (all-inclusive) as per SAI guidelines. However, in exceptional and deserving cases, the salary can be enhanced with the approval of Govt. of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
How to Apply?
Interested Coaches / Experts may send their complete curriculum vitae to- Secretary-General & CEO, Fencing Association of India at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
July 5, 2020
For further details, click here.