Applications are invited for the post of Analyst at YouTube, Hyderabad.
About the Job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As part of the Scaled Abuse Operations Analyst team for YouTube, you are passionate about cutting-edge technologies and have experience with analyzing large scale data and scaled systems of review.
You will be a key contributor to the strategy for reducing network badness on YouTube. You are an independent, critical thinker with sound metrics judgment who has a passion for coaching others, solving technological challenges, and setting scalable standards. You can balance the short-term requirements they face while demonstrating the ability to see the big picture and make quantitatively based long-term recommendations accordingly.
- Interact with cross-functional stakeholders such as Product, Policy, Engineering and Legal to improve operational workflows via process improvements, automation and anti-abuse system creation.
- Conduct investigations to identify new abuse trends, enforce our product policies and identify product vulnerabilities (may be occasionally exposed to some adult content and other somewhat disturbing content during the process).
- Maintain, foster, and promote operational efficiency by providing regular feedback metrics to the global team. Manage technological solutions for streamlining quality assurance; produce scalable training solutions for emerging workflows.
- Report on the impact of new policies, following up on anomalies by deep diving into metrics, and formulating specific hypotheses on operational health and providing data-driven recommendations for leadership.
- Conduct content reviews, manage policy enforcement escalations, and develop new enforcement guidelines for policies. Provide expert enforcement advice on grey policy areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with SQL and data analysis via spreadsheet software.
- Experience with handling Policy related or sensitive edge cases.
- Experience with fraud and abuse dynamics in online platforms.
- Experience in defining policies for anti-abuse or customer support operations, in particular reviewing content and/or answering user questions, and working with vendors.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and managing projects and relationships in multiple countries.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities with a history of making operational and policy improvements and solving tough problems.
- Presentation and training skills along with ability to communicate in a clear and compelling manner to multiple stakeholder groups.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For more details, click the link below.