Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Analyst at Barclays, Noida.
Barclays plc is a British multinational universal bank, headquartered in London, England. Barclays operates as two divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, supported by a service company, Barclays Execution Services.
About the Job
Financial Control has the primary responsibility of ensuring the Balance Sheet integrity of trading, banking & investment products and service entities/strategic business units.
The person responsible for supporting / driving development and maintenance of a strong Financial Control framework
- Ensure processes and controls are completed on time and to the right quality
- Strong Relationship Management
- Supporting Financial Control, Global Reconciliation Services, and Product Control teams
- Technical support to business as required on BAU
What will you be doing?
Financial Control Processes (50%)
- Ensuring all processes are completed within the relevant timescales and service levels are maintained
- Proactively maintain and develop own up to date specialist process and system knowledge to act as a point of reference.
- Support in the statutory and regulatory reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and reporting requirements as they arise
- Opine on technical queries
- Helping in closure of books of accounts
Relationship & Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Manage and develop effective relationships with Business Units, other functions in wider finance
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business units to identify common issues, opportunities for improvements and act as a central subject matter expert
- Communicate process changes and share knowledge required to successfully implement necessary changes
Advisory & Consultative (30%)
- Support business units providing expert help and guidance including accounting issues
- Support in investigating and resolving problems, issues and queries, liaising with customers, suppliers as appropriate
- Ensure consistency of approach across the Business units
- Strong control awareness
- Qualified Accountant – CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, ICWA with strong and relevant financial control experience
- Strong understanding/practical experience on application of Accounting Standards/IFRS
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator.
- Desire to provide top quality service to internal clients.
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution
- Expected to take accountability/responsibility of deliverables
- Answerable to questions and able to substantiate data when required by client-facers
- Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance
- Providing innovative judgement which can be contributed as part of the decision making process.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of working in SAP financial accounting
- Good Accounting and IT System skills
- Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders on proposed solutions and recommendations
- Customer focused – consistently meets client needs within constraints of time
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Has good understanding and is up to date on relevant business knowledge.
- Ability to scale-up and move up the value-chain within a short time-frame
- Opportunity to be groomed to be future team leaders/managers
- Escalates breaches of policies and procedures appropriately
- Must be regarded as proactive and assertive in driving control improvement for their area
- Strong control awareness – in particular, the individual should be able to identify initiatives which they have led which has directly improved the control environment for the area they work in
- Strong understanding and has the mindset to strive to identify potential control breakdowns in process, also demonstrated with effective procedure manuals
- Ability to streamline processes in a most efficient manner within the team.
- Ability to speak / write English fluently
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.