Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Administrative Manager at UNDP, New Delhi.
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
About the Job
The Administrative manager adapts processes and procedures, focusing on compliance and the achievement of strong Administrative services/common premises operation across UN House collaborating successfully with all stakeholders to ensure compliance and effective delivery of services.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures full compliance of operational strategies with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes, mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) in line with UNDP rules and regulations
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans
- Review services under Common premises and provide technical advice and ways forward to enhance cost efficiency and effectiveness
- Development of sound and regularly updated Business Continuity Plan
- Establishment of management targets and monitoring and reporting achievement of results, including service quality
- Provision of advice on strategies, policies and plans affecting Administrative services/Common Premises operation, delivery of practice advisory, knowledge and learning services
- Establishment of a strong relationship with Indian Government including negotiation of budgets and grants related to the UN City, including regular reporting on budget balances to the Government
- Mapping Common Premises business processes and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, Human Resources Management, Procurement, Logistical services and Results Management
- Constant monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, quick readjustment of operations, advice on legal considerations and risk assessment
2. Ensures efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance
- Coordination of travel arrangements and organization of workshops, conferences, retreats
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative surveys, for the organization of services
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with the local authority on space and other administrative matters
- Arrangement of office space and necessary equipment for all staff and ensure that all furniture and equipment are in proper order including IT equipment and internet infrastructure in the project offices
- Ensuring a clean and healthy environment by proper maintenance of office premises
- Maintaining liaison and close working relationship with the UNDP programme and relevant project staff on all administrative issues
- Ensuring production and maintenance of up-to-date and accurate administrative records and reports including an organized filing system
- Undertaking vehicle and transport management/fleet management as per the UNDP policies and procedures and the advise UNDP dispatcher and Security Unit.
- Overseeing the flow of visitors and guests into the compound and making sure the reception is based in line with UN protocols
- Ensuring active participation in bid evaluations forms for administrative related purchases
3. Ensures proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Coordination of assets management of UNDP and the common premises
- Ensure that the project assets are verified on a periodic basis and avails resources to contribute to UNDP CO asset’s verification teams.
- Ensure utilization of the ATLAS Asset Management Module to capitalize management assets in the UNDP and other UN agencies that require services.
- Lead the management on physical assets disposal and preparation of relevant documentation in line with UNDP rules and regulations
- Ensuring proper management of UNDP assets and UN Common Premises assets, facilities and logistical services, including full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for the procurement, utilization and disposal of the assets
- Management of the Common premises contract strategy, contracts, contractors and legal implications, and handling of engagement with external companies doing business on UN premises
- Ensuring compliance with Memorandums of Understanding, Service Level Agreements, corporate rules, regulations and practices for driving, reception and administrative services in the Common Premises, including management of UN visitor processing and secure mail processing following best international practices
4. Ensures implementation of proper common premises management focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Maintenance of common premises/office space management to ensure integrated activities.
- Preparation of annual budget for Common Premises Activities for the approval of participating UN Agencies and ensuring accurate recording of expenditures and timely reporting/presentation to agencies
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements
- Maintaining proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities and information for audit
- Ensuring effective management of the UN conference and meeting room facilities and canteen, including assistance in organizing special events, administration and maintenance of facilities and ensuring effectiveness and client orientation and administration of outsourced services
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge management in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on administrative procedures
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to relevant areas of work
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Identification of sources of information related to Common Premises management and identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to development goals
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations in the Administrative Services Unit, organization of the operations staff trainings, and synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
- Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant practical experience in financial management, business administration, or any other closely related field;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of ATLAS or ERP system is an asset;
- Specialized training in administration and financial management is an asset;
- Financial management experience with the UN system is an asset;
- Experience in capacity development and knowledge transfer is an asset..
- Fluency in English and working language of the duty station.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Nov 26, 2021