Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Established in 1961, the institute offers Masters Degree programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes.
IIM Ahmedabad is inviting the candidate for the post of Academic Associate to assist the faculty of the Finance & Accounting Area at IIMA in their teaching, research and work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute.
First Class Post-Graduate in Commerce with strong Accounting/Finance background and MBA with Finance or CA/AICWA with three years’ experience in academics or industry, M.Phil. with two years’ experience and PhD with or without experience.
Preferred below 30 years.
Initially for 6 months and extendable up to 9 months based on performance review.
Monthly consolidated salary of Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 37,000/- depending on qualification, experience, merit and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/DA for the official tour will be paid.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Selected candidates need to undertake the following tasks assigned by their respective faculty members:
- Work with faculty members as assigned by the Area Chair
- Assistance to faculty members with courses would involve:
a. Attending classes
b. Correction/grading of answer sheets/quizzes/projects/assignments and conducting remedial sessions, if required.
c. Design and delivery in any of the Institutional programmes, such as preparation/revision of course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides.
- Mandatory participation in all briefings, discussions and training organized by instructors, academic officers, programme chairpersons, Dean, AADEC, Area Chair.
- Carry out: attendance marking and tabulation, class participation marking and tabulation, setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed, tracking progress in-class projects, assignments
- Co-ordination with Academic Offices like PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPX, ePGP, FPM, EEP, FDP and other support offices.
- Compulsory participation in invigilation duties and attendance of pre-examination briefing and post-examination debriefing by faculty.
- Reporting instances of students’ behaviour that violates the Institute’s code of conduct. They should familiarize themselves with the programme manual.
- Assistance to faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development and paper writing.
- Learning such tools, techniques and software applications required for conducting high-quality research and apply the same as required by faculty members.
- Work on research and case writing projects under the guidance of faculty members.
- Coordination with R & P Office, Case Unit etc. for matters related to the dissemination of research output, registration of cases/teaching notes /exercise etc.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online through this link.
Sep 19, 2019