Applications are invited for Guest Faculty for One Year in the Centre for Japanese Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
Guest Faculty (02)
- A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/ SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./ Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016.
- Some experience of teaching INTERPRETATION / TRANSLATION (Japanese to English and vice-versa) to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Some research/ teaching experience in Modern Japanese Literature
- Some experience of teaching intermediate/ advanced level Japanese grammar.
- Experience of minimum one-year study/ research in Japan.
The Honorarium for Guest Faculty will be Rs. 1500/- per lecture subject to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month. The Guest faculty will not be given the benefit of allowances, pension, gratuity and leave, etc. as admissible to the regular teachers.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The eligible and interested persons are requested to send his / her application (Soft Copy) as per the format available firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to kindly attach the soft copies of the educational qualifications i.e. mark sheet, degree, NET certificate, experience certificate etc. along with the application form.
The last date to apply is August 24, 2020. E-mail shall be sent for calling only to the shortlisted candidates for the interview.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Teaching Recruitment at NIPER Raebareli [9 Vacancies]: Apply by Sep 24.