Applications are invited for a temporary position of Project Scientist (ONE Post) in a DBT funded project at JNU, New Delhi.
Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
Jawaharlal Nehru University was established in 1969 by an act of parliament. It was named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. G. Parthsarthi was the first vice-chancellor. Prof. Moonis Raza was the Founder Chairman and Rector. The bill for the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru University was placed in the Rajya Sabha on 1 September 1965 by the then minister of education M. C. Chagla.
Development of a robust cross-platform data-conversion and integration platform for whole-genome expression and methylation studies.
- Doctoral Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
- And 3 years experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
- Preference: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science is preferred with multiple years of experience in dealing with biological data with a strong publication record in next-generation sequencing data analysis.
- This is a senior position and therefore, the candidate should be extremely familiar with biological data, especially high-throughput genomics data (from arrays and next-generation sequencing) with a strong publication record.
- Prior experience in using biological data, analytical tools, and working with next-generation sequencing data-related methods is a must.
- The position does not require conducting experiments in the lab.
You might also be interested in Project Positions at JNU, New Delhi [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Jan 8.
Rs. 67,000/- + HRA as per Govt. rule.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by sending an email to Professor Binay Panda, School of Biotechnology, JNU at firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV, list of publications (with DOI), and contact number.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on qualification and prior experience followed by a personal interview. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the selection committee will interview the candidates via online mode. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated via e-mail to appear in the online interview.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.