The JNU has openings for faculty positions for Indian Nationals at the level of Assistant Professor. Applicants with good academic record, teaching/research experience and working in related areas of research are encouraged to apply. University also solicits applications from candidates with research interests that are interdisciplinary.
The openings are available in the following departments
- School of Arts and Aesthetics
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Computative and Integrative Sciences
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Engineering
- School of Sanskrit and Indic Studies
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Special Centre for Nanosciences
- Special Centre for Disaster Research
- School of International Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Language Literature and Culture Studies
- A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time, as the case may, be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Pay Level – 10 of 7th CPC Rs. 57,700- 1,82,400.
How to apply
The eligible and interested persons are required to apply online at this page. Only online applications will be accepted.
Applicants are requested to kindly upload the photograph, scanned copies of all certificates, marksheets, evidence of teaching, research, NOC from the employer, M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D, NET certificates, copies of reprints of published articles, certificates containing the record of date of birth, caste certificate, etc.
The deadline to apply is May 9, 2019, 17:30 hours.
In case of any difficulty in submitting online application please contact at 011-26704094 or 011-26704052 or email: email@example.com.
Click here for full details about the 97 vacancies and detailed instructions.